Underrail - New Weapons

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Styg presents some new weapons for the Underrail expansion in dev log #51:

Dev Log #51: New Weapon Types

Hi guys. In the past few months we've been working (and we're still working) on a couple of major features for the expansion, but we didn't want to show any of them before they were ready. First of these that are now done are the new weapons, so without further ado I give you the three new weapon types - the spear, the machete and the shotgun.

The choice of spear and machete as new weapons was mostly thematic (you will learn why in some later dev log), but these weapons will also have their own place in the melee arsenal. Spears are meant to be versatile offensive and defensive weapons, while machetes are meant to be high risk-high reward weapons that will rely on the user keeping up the offensive. More on the exact mechanics of this will be revealed later when I get to implementing their specific feats. There are two types of machetes that differ slight in critical chance/damage stats.

[...]
More information.

Further confirmation that Styg is, in fact, non-human. :p I mean that in a good way!

Surprised how roughly the animations are done, as I've done it myself. Spear attack is expressive at least. Probably Styg decided to not spend money on a pro animator.

Eh, that gives it charm, IMO. Now quiet about animations. You may attract a certain bear. :p

This is exciting news ! Can't wait for the Underrail expansion !

I love the way Styg thinks. Namely him giving each weapon type an unique mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom