NieR: Automata - Delayed on PC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Nier: Automata has been delayed on PC with no new date being announced.

Whether this delay is due to console time-exclusivity deals or not remains to be seen. The point is that when this latest trailer was originally created, Square Enix planned to release the Steam version on March 10th. However, this is no longer the case. Moreover, and according to the latest press release, NieR Automata will be coming to the PC later this year.

"NieR: Automata, developed by SQUARE ENIX and PlatinumGames Inc., will release in North America on March 7 for the PlayStation® computer entertainment system and Steam® in 2017."

And that is that!
More information.

We sure it's RPG?

It's a JRPG.

Going by a lots of people's definition of a RPG here (aka story choices&consequences is a requirement, but character building is not), it is not a RPG then.

It's a JRPG.

Going by a lots of people's definition of a RPG here (aka story choices&consequences is a requirement, but character building is not), it is not a RPG then.

So visual novels are RPGs?

IMO story c&c is not a requirement, but it's 2017. and the game is not indie where we can close eyes on linearity. By the looks of it, this game definetly had enough funds for at least mild c&c.

Character building is RPG element for sure, but many other genres are using it too (Far Cry 3 which is FPS for example or Rise of the Tomb Raider which is environment puzzler - these are not RPGs).

In any case I'm not impressed nor plan to buy this game (yet).

About the question if visual novels are RPGs. Some are. Not all of them. Some don't have only c&c story with static jpgs.

Looks good but if its another 5 hr playthru, I will pass.
I saw a preview where the previewer said it had way more Rpg then expected;if I find it againI will link it

Err... cartoon violence, I guess. It looks decent graphically, but I'm not really feeling it.

Back
Top Bottom