Mass Effect: Andromeda - Launch Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamesN Mass Effect: Andromeda has a launch trailer and its everything you would expect. The game will launch March 23rd.

s it set to current popular music? Yes. Is it edited together like a Hollywood blockbuster? You bet it is. Does it have lots of deep bass warbling? Of course it does. That’s right, Bioware and EA have dropped the suitably triple-A launch trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda, and it’s so slickly produced you could be forgiven for thinking it’s actually for a new Jerry Bruckheimer film. Give it a watch above. Then maybe another watch. Then maybe one more, and another, and a few more until its March 23 and we’ve got the disc in our hands.
More information.

Looking good, when will this movie hit the theaters?

Ok, that is one slick trailer. Is ME3 still Origin exclusive, I've yet to play it because of that...

Ok, that is one slick trailer. Is ME3 still Origin exclusive, I've yet to play it because of that…

Unless you have a console, yes.

I wish my country would filter out fake RPGs so I don't have to.

Hope they don't mess up mass effect like they did on Dragon Age franchise. ME is the only thing that keeps my hopes on BioWare.

I wish my country would filter out fake RPGs so I don't have to.

I'm not expecting a cRPG, just an action game like ME 2 and 3 were. A good one, with a good story line at least. But anyways, you are right to say such things about BioWare.

Hope they don't mess up mass effect like they did on Dragon Age franchise. ME is the only thing that keeps my hopes on BioWare.
Really? I mean you're right that they "messed up" Dragon Age, but still, as crap as DA:I was in various ways, it's 5X the RPG that ME3 was and that number might even grow once we see ME:A.

It's only $48 at Green Man Gaming and probably will remain discounted until launch. See reasons why I decided to jump on board below:

Some Mass Effect Andromeda Planets Are Bigger Than Dragon Age Inquisition

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/02/23/mass-effect-andromeda-planets-bigger-dragon-age-inquisition/

Far more than just Dragon Age Inquisition in space.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-22-four-hours-with-mass-effect-andromeda

MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA IMPROVED FROM DRAGON AGE INQUISITION FEEDBACK

https://middleofnowheregaming.com/2016/09/13/mass-effect-andromeda-improved-from-dragon-age-inquisition-feedback/

BIOWARE SAYS MASS EFFECT 4 WON'T BE LIKE DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/bioware-says-mass-effect-4-wont-be-like-dragon-age-inquisition

This is Bioware/EA last chance to claw back ground lost to CDPR in terms of respectability and reputation.

Interesting, second article you linked reminded me of something I'd long ago forgotten... ME:A will be the first BioWare RPG that isn't made by the original BioWare studio in Edmonton - it's the first game led by BioWare Montreal.

Also, surprised by the theme in those articles of many people assuming that ME:A would be inspired or affected by DA:I. I thought ME was supposed to be a completely different thing from DA.

Interesting, second article you linked reminded me of something I'd long ago forgotten… ME:A will be the first BioWare RPG that isn't made by the original BioWare studio in Edmonton - it's the first game led by BioWare Montreal.

Also, surprised by the theme in those articles of many people assuming that ME:A would be inspired or affected by DA:I. I thought ME was supposed to be a completely different thing from DA.

Most people, myself included, understand the difference between DAI and MEA as well as the difference between the DA & ME series. The issue is that many people, including myself, were a bit worried that MEA would end up being a single player MMO theme park in space (or series of single player MMO theme park like planets) with a largely empty world like DAI. I remember initially thinking DAI was great and then Witcher 3 was released and I felt like I was finally shown what a fantastic AAA RPG should be. So, like the articles claim, here's hoping that MEA's only thing in common with DAI is the gorgeous DICE Frostbite 3 engine!

I think in the long term EA has to follow the route TW3 presented.

Interesting, second article you linked reminded me of something I'd long ago forgotten… ME:A will be the first BioWare RPG that isn't made by the original BioWare studio in Edmonton - it's the first game led by BioWare Montreal.

SWTOR was made by BioWare Austin.

Also, while the studio that did most of the work for MEA is in Montréal, the leads for the games were people who worked on the previous ME games.

SWTOR was made by BioWare Austin.
Yeah, but that's an MMORPG, not an RPG… which is why I said RPG. ;)

Also, I believe you may be wrong about the "leads". From what I was reading last night, sounds like the real leads are in Montreal. For example, direct quote from BioWare:

"To ensure a proper and effective transition, we'll continue to be supported by the Edmonton studio through the game's development, working with and learning from them on some critical initiatives. On top of that, Casey remains the Executive Producer, but he will have a Project Director under him, working in Montreal, leading our development team and making day-to-day decisions for the game."

In addition to the "Project Director" mentioned above, the "Lead Designer", Ian Frazier, is in Montreal. Also, I found mention of the (original) "Lead Writer" being Chris Schlerf, also in Montreal. An "Executive Producer" isn't normally involved to any real extent, so I see no evidence of any leads for this game being in Edmonton?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom