Galactic Keep - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The sci-fi tabletop styled RPG Galactic Keep has been released for the PC:

GALACTIC KEEP is a sci-fi, tabletop-styled, role-playing game. Investigate exquisite maps in a richly described world, free to roam where you want, exploring for hours! Choose the path of your adventure in an open world filled with hidden surprises around every cavernous, loot filled, turn.

BUILD:
Choose your character, roll their stats and set out on your adventure! Play as feared pirates, weathered bounty hunters, battle-hardened warriors and mind-bending timemasters. Gain experience throughout your quest, level up and customize your character as you explore!

COLLECT: Discover hundreds of weapons, special attacks and items as you battle to complete your mission. Unlock a variety of hidden playable characters as you explore, making choices that seal their fates!

BATTLE: Roll initiative and engage in turn-based battles against strange beasts and challenging foes that are constantly thinking, carrying out their own individual agendas in a living world.
More information.

If it's an IPhone title, any chance to see it on android? Looks kind of interesting but not for my PC.

This game was very well reviewed when it was on IOS, with a lot of people raving about it. Personally though I just did not like it. It's kind of an unusual game though, and hard to describe, so I imagine opinions will vary.

Can you describe the game (play) ? Is it like playing a board game but on the computer or what ?

This game was very well reviewed when it was on IOS, with a lot of people raving about it. Personally though I just did not like it. It's kind of an unusual game though, and hard to describe, so I imagine opinions will vary.

It's very hard to describe. It tries very much to be like a really old school board game like you might have gotten back in the 70s or 80s (I'm guessing), even mimicking things like card sleeves. But that's mostly just aesthetics, I don't think it would actually work as a board game. Mostly you just move around a series of maps, fighting monsters, leveling up, finding loot, sometimes completing objectives. If you "die" your character is lost, but then you can send a new character to find the character and rescue him to get him back. There is a whole roster of characters and when you lose one you have to pick a different one.

I found it to be kind of repetitive and simplistic, but it's possible that I just didn't play it long enough to see some of the depth. But it really just wasn't for me. What I'm describing above sounds like something I'd like, but I just didn't. But certainly a lot of other people did.

Can you describe the game (play) ? Is it like playing a board game but on the computer or what ?

Back
Top Bottom