Locked Up - Now on Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Kickstarter campaign for the action RPG Looked Up has started:

Locked Up - The World's First Prison RPG

Locked Up is a 3D action RPG filled with grit and brutality. Escape prison and uncover the truth.

Kickflip Studio’s premiere game is full of grit, brutality, and an unsettling story. The action RPG will thrust players into an unfamiliar world where corrupt guards and violent prisoners might just be the least of their worries.

Framed for a crime you didn’t commit and imprisoned for life, as the player, you must find a way to escape this seemingly impenetrable facility. It won’t be easy.
Owned by the mysterious CorpX, the futuristic prison is nested in the harsh Antarctic landscape, brimming with defenses. The guards are armed to the teeth, and robots and drones patrol the halls. You’ll have to contend with a whole prison hierarchy that could see you brawling with a nemesis or trading contraband with an ally at every turn.

But underneath all of this, there’s a dark story to uncover, and it will be up to you, the player, to discover the truth about CorpX, and find passage away from this place.

Welcome to Locked Up.
Thank you for the info, Farflame!

More information.

2013 called. It wants its KS campaign back.

Seriously, the time in which a campaign video with that little gameplay footage and just guys talking into a cam could be successful is thankfully over.

And then they're even asking for 530K. Without any track record as a team. Brilliant!
Campaigns with way better videos and even demos struggle to hit 50-100K...

To top it all off, not even a linux version.
But consoles, of course.
And the genre is completely overcrowded anyway.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes, I do wonder what is going on in some people's heads. But mostly I gave up wondering.

Interesting concept. But I agree with Sheeep. No deal.

Started reading the project...

PS4/Xbox One?
Go ask Sony/Microsoft to fund that. I'm staying away from this one.

If this were turn based, I might have thrown some dollars at it. But it's not, so I didn't.

Yeah, same. Fortunately, Prisonscape will be turn-based.

Not turn based.
Console.
Not enough footage.

I did like the blooper recording tho :)

"I always wondered what would it be like if I was wrongfully accused and thrown into prison"... well... you'd be someones princess. You don't need to make a game to know that.

I prefer Turn based but that doesn't mean I never pledge anything real time. For example I pledged (coldly) Underworld Ascendant.

Im' tempted pledge this one because there's a Mac release, but really the Prison topic makes it cold for me. Without to mention that I'm not hyper fan of such fits fighting. I read you are supposed to escape and discover some truth (that you are a psychotic serial killer?) but then out of Prison, fist fighting, really?

An RPG that starts you out in a prison. Hmm. Well at least you've still got your memory intact. :)

Back
Top Bottom