BioWare - New IP not before April 2018

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame spotted on PCGamesN that the new Bioware IP is delayed until April 2018:

BioWare’s new IP is delayed until April 2018 at the earliest, according to EA conference call

During EA’s recent financial conference call, EA CEO Andrew Wilson has announced the delay of BioWare's new IP. Initially planned for release by the end of this fiscal year, the project has been put back in order to improve its live service.

Speaking directly about BioWare’s unannounced project, Wilson stated that “the game is built around a live service” and due to the studio’s desire to add to its “disruptive new social design”, EA have decided to delay the game's release until April 2018 at the very earliest. However, Wilson was keen to say that EA are “pleased with the progress” made by BioWare on the project, with the game showing "stunning design" and "excellent gameplay mechanics".

[...]

More information.

A scratch-n-sniff keypad? A force feedback attachment for your cat? Sex bots? Stand by to be amazed…

Just buzzword, company CEO loves them.

The game is supposedly a Destiny clone. EA went out of its way to say that it is not a RPG might I add.

Sex bots?
Where do I preorder!

On a serious note, seems they're making another TOR. A product that stole Alrik from us. While at least it wasn't EA's Pet Society, I just can't care less about Bioware MMOs.

I'm sad to say that Bioware is no longer relevant to my interests, with the possible exception of the next Dragon Age game. It seems like they're more interested in making janky action games than RPGs -- the RPG elements in their games feel more and more like afterthoughts.

I could not care less about this new IP at this point. If user reviews say "it's great" after it comes out, I might add it to my "someday" list.

Congratulations, Bioware. You used to be one of my favorite developers. Now you've made it to a place worse than being hated -- indifference.

I was a huge Bioware fan back in the days and couldn't wait till new games came out. That stopped with Dragon Age 1. While the game was not bad, I just couldn't get into it. And I tried. Three times.
Right now, I couldn't care less what they are cooking up. It sure will not be a RPG.

Sadly, I don't think this game is of any interest to most of us. As azarhal pointed out: They really did specify that it was not an RPG.

I was a huge Bioware fan back in the days and couldn't wait till new games came out. That stopped with Dragon Age 1. While the game was not bad, I just couldn't get into it. And I tried. Three times.
Right now, I couldn't care less what they are cooking up. It sure will not be a RPG.

My exact experience also. But I actually thought the game was bad. Or rather, many areas that matter alot to me where.

This new IP sounds MMO'ish to me. April 2018 seems to soon then, I'll gladly wait forever.

Add me to the list of those who just don't really care about Bioware anymore. That doesn't mean if they manage to release a good game in the future, I won't buy it. It's just that the combination of their diminished efforts with the rise of so many other great studios (Larian, CD Projekt, Logic artists, etc) means I just don't pay attention to them much anymore.

*sigh* Every time. Every time I see the name "Bioware" in a headline, I just gotta click it.

I KNOW they don't make games that I'm interested in anymore, and that their games are too ham-fistedly political (aka "poisonous") for them to be a valid form of entertainment for me, even if I DID enjoy their brand/blend of gameplay/story/drama elements, but...

Every time.

Even as clickbait, though, I think "Bioware" is on its last legs. For me, anyway. Finally. It's a testament to the regard in which I held them that, even with ME3 being the last game I bought from them, even with their perhaps most enduring legacy being how brow-beating your audience with politics can ruin an otherwise good experience, I still click when I see the name.

Almost done, though.

Bioware had a nice run with Mass Effect 1-3. Now their image is dead. Only their Old Team (no longer there) remains in our heart forever!!!!

Obviously a Bioware that is not one, but actually 3 studios with thousands of employees is really far removed from the small Bioware that made great games. I've found their games since the EA takeover to be entertaining but shallow.
Still when it comes to AAA "rpgs" there isn't a whole lot of quality competition, and I still enjoy playing a big budget spectacle once in awhile.

"their games are too ham-fistedly political". Wow, people are so damn sensitive.

Bioware games are apolitical as hell. They barely even touch any political issues. Shouting "SJW agenda" or anything like that because a game dares to have LGBT characters is so stupid. LGBT are people too, they actually exist. What's so political in actually acknowleging their existence?

This company is no longer relevant, glad to see they finally got the memo. Now, to flush EA and that disgraceful origin platform right along with them!

"their games are too ham-fistedly political". Wow, people are so damn sensitive. What's so political in actually acknowleging their existence?

This topic has been beaten to death. Why can't both sides get over the fact that others see it differently. Are either one of you going to be convinced by a good argument?

The answer is no, you are not.

"their games are too ham-fistedly political". Wow, people are so damn sensitive.

Bioware games are apolitical as hell. They barely even touch any political issues. Shouting "SJW agenda" or anything like that because a game dares to have LGBT characters is so stupid. LGBT are people too, they actually exist. What's so political in actually acknowleging their existence?

I don't have problems with Bioware pursing the so called "SJW agenda" since I actually agree with *some* of the "SJW agenda". The problem I have with Bioware is the "in your face" amateuristic way in which they present the agenda is where I have problem with them.

Take HZD as an example where the so called "SJW agenda" was executed brilliantly. It has female lead who comes from a matriarchal society. It has lot of stuff about female empowerment etc. Yet, you don't get any so called "gamer gate" people going after that game.

Sigh it smells this dev going out of RPG, sad for players who could enjoy their RPG, for sure a success for haters.

Back
Top Bottom