Elder Scrolls Online - Early Access on May 22

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Early Access for The Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind will be available on May 22:

ESO: Morrowind | May 22 “Early Access” Launch for PC/Mac Upgrades

It’s almost time to return to Morrowind in The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, and today we have exciting news for existing PC and Mac ESO players. ZeniMax Online Studios has revealed that PC and Mac players who purchase the digital upgrade version of ESO: Morrowind, or the Physical Collector’s Edition, will have the option to begin their adventures in Vvardenfell a little early – starting May 22 – via a special “Early Access” launch of the game.

Separate from the Public Test Server beta, “Early Access” players will receive the full game, play on live servers, and will retain all progression when the game officially launches on June 6. “Early Access” is available for players who purchase the Digital Upgrade or Digital Collector’s Edition Upgrade versions of ESO: Morrowind for PC/Mac at any time prior to launch, as well as those who purchased the PC/Mac Physical Collector’s Edition. Physical Collector’s Edition owners will need to contact Customer Support at the following link to activate Early Access: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/mw_notification

New players purchasing the full ESO: Morrowind game for PC/Mac will begin play on launch day -- June 6.

Whether starting a new Warden or bringing their existing heroes over to Vvardenfell, PC/Mac upgraders will have a two week jump on the epic storylines and new areas in the massive new Chapter. The “Early Access” period will allow for final gameplay tuning and polishing before the game launches for everyone in June.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will launch on PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on June 6. For more information, or to pre-order the game for a variety of in-game and other rewards, players should visit www.ElderScrollsOnline.com.
More information.

Nostalgia make me want to play this but if the main game is anything to go buy, this will ruin the good memories I have of original Morrowind . I am waiting for reviews i think...

No MMO for me just not my thing.

I'm not into MMO's either, but I admit enjoying ESO quite a bit for the pure exploration. Amazing variety in the various areas hampered by pretty boring and slow upgrades to gear and power.

What does the upgrade cost? I've obviously missed any mention of that.

I'm not into MMO's either, but I admit enjoying ESO quite a bit for the pure exploration. Amazing variety in the various areas hampered by pretty boring and slow upgrades to gear and power.

That's pretty much my take too. I find it's fun to run around finding places and stuff. I also really like it's aesthetics. It does have a bunch of over arcing stories etc but nearly all the missions and adventure area's can be completed in less than hour, usually much less. This lets people like me with little time on their hands get in and do a bit of some stuff and then put it down again without having to stop in the middle of a quest. Conversely this does make running around adventuring a bit samey - literally every area on the map is having some crisis you can solve after meeting someone as you run up to it. It's not particularly difficult either, you can pretty much run around and do any of the regular content no matter your level.

Edit - MW is not $60US, see below.

=)

Last edited:
Love how they borrowed Call of Magic to try and goad more people into this vomit game. They are so desperate. :D

What does the upgrade cost? I've obviously missed any mention of that.

As Hak'n'Slash said, but GreenManGaming has 18-15% off on the upgrade (require a Bethesda ESO account, doesn't work on the Steam version...and unclear if their version gets the early expac access).

I think I'm getting virtual diabetes from all that sweet eye candy.

Dont buy it now! It will be disaster for some month - this company is known for sheer incopetence to run this game. Thousands of bugs, dissconets, things that dont work as intended etc.
And just imagine when all the crowd will rush this place, it will be like beta all over again - when you are directed by quest to kill some evil guy and there stands another 30 choosen ones waiting for this npc to respwan. Same with public dungeons and delves, when there are more players than actual npcs inside lol!

Don[']t buy it now! It will be [a] disaster for some month - this company is known for sheer [incompetence] to run this [type of] game. Thousands of bugs, [disconnects], [and] things that don[']t work as intended etc.

Not to mention poor writing skills. :p Has any game ever been released bug free? Nope. It goes without saying that the early releases will require some remediation.

i really with they had just made another ES game. I refuse to get sucked into another MMO. anything i buy now a days has to have a defined ending.

I'll be giving it a go. I enjoyed ESO for a few months after its initial release, even though I only occasionally played with friends. It doesn't have to be played as an MMO, and this expansion looks very interesting. That being said, progress is much slower than in SP games, as crpgnut pointed out.

i really with they had just made another ES game. I refuse to get sucked into another MMO. anything i buy now a days has to have a defined ending.

Actually, I think ESO was made by a completely different studio. Zenimax Online I believe. There is probably another ES game on the way by Bethesda. :)

Yeah, no way do I ever play with others, so ESO can be enjoyed solo for sure. I played a healer type and frequently heal other folks and will sometimes group for a few encounters, but I don't really chat or anything else. Morrowind will be flooded for the first several weeks I'm sure. That will be a great time to loot other areas that are often busy :D

I think I'll wait a while, but I will definitely be getting this.

Same, except change definitely to probably in my case

=)

Back
Top Bottom