BattleTech - PDXCON Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
There is a new trailer for Battletech and it looks like Paradox will be publisher.

Learn more about BattleTech here: http://pdxint.at/2pCwtgA
Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes Partner to Publish BATTLETECH.
The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. Take command of your own mercenary outfit of `Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war.

BATTLETECH was successfully Kickstarted in November 2016, and now Paradox is providing a full loadout of publishing support in BATTLETECH’s march to launch.
Some multiplayer gameplay

Game Director Mike McCain and Studio Manager, Mitch Gitelman, recorded a friendly multiplayer match to give you a peek at what to expect in the Beta. You can find a Beta Gameplay Video List of Annotations here: http://community.battletechgame.com/f

Full disclosure here - Mike is one of the better players in the studio and Mitch… is not. Nevertheless, Mitch puts up a pretty good fight as you’ll see in the video.
More information.

Last edited:
Most anticipated game this year for me. Looking good!

looking real fun and tactical, the graphics is super metallic too, looking forward to it even the multiplaye rlooks fun even though i never care for multiplayer hehe

looking real fun and tactical, the graphics is super metallic too, looking forward to it even the multiplaye rlooks fun even though i never care for multiplayer hehe

I actually think the multiplayer part looks way too slow to be fun, but since I generally don't play online that's not a problem.

Last edited:
Main draw for me is the single player campaign mode, but I may actually check out the multiplayer.

I actually think the multiplayer part looks way to slow to be fun, but since I generally don't play online that's not a problem.
They didn't have a turn timer on and they were even slower for demonstration purposes.

What a nice year for turn based strategy, we get this, Expeditions Vikings and Divinity Original Sin 2 this year.

This trailer is graciously missing the most important feature in a giant robot fighting game: The kickback of those big weapons when shooting. :( Hope, it won't be as noticeable from the Birds Eye View.

This trailer is graciously missing the most important feature in a giant robot fighting game: The kickback of those big weapons when shooting. :( Hope, it won't be as noticeable from the Birds Eye View.

I wouldn't call it the most important feature but yeah, it would look even better if the mechs braced before firing and then slid backwards a bit when unleashing big salvos. Good point.

Not all weapons have kickback though, lasers wouldn't really have any, only the ballistic weapons I assume?

Haven't followed this. Does it have significant RPG elements and cooperative multiplayer options?

The game is shaping up mighty nicely. This is one of the last (ever) Kickstarters I backed (only at the min $25 level though) but finally one I will not regret as it seems :) .

Haven't followed this. Does it have significant RPG elements and cooperative multiplayer options?

First and foremost it's a strategy game, but you have customizable mechs and pilots who gain experience. Don't know about coop.

The game is shaping up mighty nicely. This is one of the last (ever) Kickstarters I backed (only at the min $25 level though) but finally one I will not regret as it seems :) .

One of the last? You mean you'll never back a game again?

I wouldn't call it the most important feature but yeah, it would look even better if the mechs braced before firing and then slid backwards a bit when unleashing big salvos. Good point.

Not all weapons have kickback though, lasers wouldn't really have any, only the ballistic weapons I assume?
Helicopters can fire salvo of missiles while flying, I don't see a problem about future supertech being able to do so from giant mechs.
If they had some huge ass cannons then I could see the need to animate kickback.

This is a strategy/tactics game based on a tabletop (with some adjustments). It has some light RPG elements. I don't know about branching story paths. You are hired to help some nobles against their usurpers. If you take too long and do other contracts, your side will eventually lose. You can still play on afterwards, though.

There will not be coop in the singleplayer campaign, but there is multiplayer 1 vs 1.

One of the last? You mean you'll never back a game again?

Yes, I'm done with crowdfunding after many disappointments. There is one exception only. I might keep backing Larian's games depending on what they pitch (if they pitch Barbie Adventures then no ;) ).

Imagine Mechwarrior Mercenaries, but turn-based. Also, no coop at release but they want to add it in the future.

Back
Top Bottom