Ash of Gods - On Steam Greenlight

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Ash of Gods is on Steam Greenlight and is expected to release by the end of 2017.

Ash of Gods is launched on Steam Greenlight but it needs your help to become greenlit. We are working on this project for almost a year, all this time we are very motivated by your support. But now it is even more important. Vote for the game (we really need it) and add it to your favorites to be updated. And spread the word among your friends, of course!

Ash of Gods is a mix between a roguelike role-playing visual novel and an online turn-based strategy game. It has been heavily inspired by The Banner Saga series and The Darkest Dungeon.

The days of mankind are numbered. Terrible tales of the past come to life, and monstrous creatures known as reapers return to the world to drown it in blood and awaken the sleeping gods. Retired captain Thorn Brenin, bodyguard Lo Pheng and errant scribe Hopper Rouley try to avoid the great harvest and save the people who entrusted their lives to them.

Limited resources leads to a difficult choice: you will have to sacrifice your party members to save the lives of others. Each decision you make affects the world of the game and the development of the plot, and even the death of one of the protagonists will not lead to a load of conservation, but will also have consequences.

The game is being developed with Unity and will be available in the end of 2017.
More information.

"It has been heavily inspired by The Banner Saga series, Japanese visual novel games, and the spirit of The Darkest Dungeon."

Sure and it will sell as much than the sum of all. Greenlighted and lied to Steam anyway, because I'm still a bit curious to consider it at release. And once for all Steam should start admit they have the obligation to accept release any game requesting it, no choice anymore, they wanted dominate and crush world of video game, fine, then endorse the responsibilities.

Greenlight this thing!!!

Their big advertised selling points, PvP and "absolutely no RNG," are kind of a turn off for me. I imagine they can live without my Greenlight vote.

Their big advertised selling points, PvP and "absolutely no RNG," are kind of a turn off for me. I imagine they can live without my Greenlight vote.

No they can't :)

Look a greenlight vote isnt the same as kickstarter backer or throwing cash at them. Its minimal effort and no detriment to vote them.

Small team doing something furthering RPGs. Even if the whole product isn't something I love, their vision can have my support.

"It has been heavily inspired by The Banner Saga series, Japanese visual novel games, and the spirit of The Darkest Dungeon."

Sure and it will sell as much than the sum of all. Greenlighted and lied to Steam anyway, because I'm still a bit curious to consider it at release. And once for all Steam should start admit they have the obligation to accept release any game requesting it, no choice anymore, they wanted dominate and crush world of video game, fine, then endorse the responsibilities.

Have you seen the thread on this site?

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35048

This game is incredible.

But then, I am not sure what you are trying to say as usual; other than just trying to complain.

PvP tells me Multiplayer - so it will have that. I've disliked the forced co-op games lately. I like the option - I hate seeing Area of Effects not injure my own party.

But you don't like Random Number Generation? Most people on this site hate mobs.

Again, have you seen their posts on our site?

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35048

Alright, you raise a good point, Wisdom. I don't have the time to read that whole thread right now, but I did read some Russian or Eastern European dev names in there, and that's always a plus for me. You guys talked me into it. Greenlit.

"inspired by Banner Saga", even to the point of the main character having a teenage daughter? That might be taking inspiration a little far.

Alright, you raise a good point, Wisdom. I don't have the time to read that whole thread right now, but I did read some Russian or Eastern European dev names in there, and that's always a plus for me. You guys talked me into it. Greenlit.

Thanks Huggy Face :) You awesome.
I have no personal investment in this game but I do like the way the directors are trying to communicate things and give it a good shot.

Looks nice but the CCG aspect of the combat really turns me off.

Back
Top Bottom