Low Magic Age - Patch v0.84.9 released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Patch v0.84.9 for the Early Access turn based D&D game Low Magic Age is out:

v0.84.9 Patch Notes

• Privileges: Prohibit easy challenges, Prohibit minion monsters changed to switch options
  • Zooming battlefield uses cursor as axis instead of current character
  • Fixed some problems about battlefield borders covering HP bars, etc.
  • Show condition and aura icons on Char Info panel
  • Fixed some color bugs of conditions
  • Polished wording of Arena Stats
About the game:

Low Magic Age

Low Magic Age is a fantasy RPG that focused on turn-based party-based tactical combat. Field of View, Fog of War, Cover, Zone of Control, Charging and Flanking, various and abundant tactical elements are implemented in the combat system of Low Magic Age.

The game rules are evolved from the Open Game License (OGL), the set of rules based on the pen-n-paper version of fantasy role-playing games of all time, made by Wizards of the Coast.

Normally, you'll create and customize a small party of 4~6 characters: choosing from multiple races, classes, dozens of feats and spells, or choosing a character template directly. And then fight with all kinds of monsters!
About the devs:

We are Low Magic Studios

We are a group of happy SLG game enthusiasts, and also big fans of various pen-n-paper role playing game rules.

The Temple of Elemental Evil, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Night, Icewind Dale, Knights of the Chalice, Heroes of Might and Magic, The Battle for Wesnoth, Fire Emblem and Sangokushi Sousouden, these classic games are always in our favorite games list.

Besides computer games, we are keen to read and study all sorts of game rules, especially TRPG game rules that known as the originator of all the fantasy RPG games. Reading rules, making characters, and playing with friends, we use our creativity and imagination to make up limitations of computer games.

After years of accumulating and depositing, we finally have ample knowledge, resources, and development experience. Now we have passion and the ability to make our dream game!
More information.

They are doing a Battle Brothers / Champions of Krynn like world map! Good gameplay because of many creatures and equipment.

From what I read currently it is just an arena where you fight enemies and very few classes, cooldown based casting, no skill use for rogues

It is only $5 so I picked it up and will wait for it to get finished or at least a few more patches. It looks interesting.

From what I read currently it is just an arena where you fight enemies and very few classes, cooldown based casting, no skill use for rogues

So what's this Adventure Mode they're working on?

It is only $5 so I picked it up and will wait for it to get finished or at least a few more patches. It looks interesting.

Actually it's only $4 and it's excellent.

I hope they include the ability to do your own adventures, I'm sure it would be pretty cool

Sounds interesting. Will wishlist and keep an eye on it.

It looks like an updated version of the old GoldBox combat system. Could be interesting.

Looking good.

- Memorable style
- BB gameplay
- simple execution
- Nwn-like 2D art
- dirt cheap

I bought it Sunday and played almost 6 hours straight.

It's fun even in arena mode. It's D&D 3.5. It's Gold Box. It's full of beautiful sprites.

Apparently, adventure mode is around the corner and I hope we will be able to create our own adventures, too.

At this price it's already totally worth it. Only con: That title! What did they think!?

At this price it's already totally worth it. Only con: That title! What did they think!?

Agreed, that title made me almost not read the newspost nor the thread. I just don't get it, why "Low magic" in the title of what aspires to be a DnD game? Am I missing something?

Agreed, that title made me almost not read the newspost nor the thread. I just don't get it, why "Low magic" in the title of what aspires to be a DnD game? Am I missing something?

Perhaps it is something which made more sense in Chinese, but didn't translate to English well?

Back
Top Bottom