The Rise of Mooncrest - Now on Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A Kickstarter campaign for the tactical RPG The Rise of Mooncrest has started:

The Rise of Mooncrest - Story Driven, Tactical RPG

A turn-based Tactical RPG inspired by the long running Japanese series Langrisser. Created by a veteran ex-BioWare designer [Rick Burton].

The land of Nocturne has been at peace for generations until it was recently invaded by an outlandish army from a faraway land. Seemingly overnight, all the cities have fallen save one: Mooncrest. As the last bastion and only hope for the people of Nocturne, can you defeat an overwhelming force and overcome their dark arcane powers and save the land, or will all become enslaved to these cruel masters?

In The Rise of Mooncrest (RoM), you will take command of the city's armies and fight through a series of battles of turn-based strategy. As you progress you will use your tactical knowledge to defeat your enemies, acquire new abilities for your Commanders, and further the story.

There is no better way to experience a game then to play it first hand. The Rise of Mooncrest demo was created specifically for this Kickstarter campaign. While all the features in the demo present the game in an early state and all assets are subject to change, the gameplay systems are working and in place. This demo is a good representation of what this Kickstarter campaign is building toward. The demo was created in Unity 5 and is available for Windows PC only.

[...]
More information.

I don't think I qualify as a full fledged graphics whore, but there is a certain minimal level of graphics quality that I expect in new PC games and this doesn't meet it. But I'll upvote it on GL for simply being a turn-based tactical RPG.

Looking RPG maker-level.

The graphics don't appeal to me at all I must admit. Still if they improve them sufficiently maybe there is a battle brothers like game in there somewhere, hopefully. (Okay, maybe not likely but you never know.)

Reminds me a little of Fantasy General, which wasn't a bad game at all. FG graphics were better though.

This game got worse since I've seen an early alpha ~year ago.

Back
Top Bottom