Phoenix Point - New Stretch Goal

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Having achieved the first stretch goal of having vehicles a new stretch goal has been announced for underwater missions at 1.2 million. Phoenix Point has 12 days remaining to achieve its goals.

New Stretch Goal - Underwater Missions

We are pleased to announce our new stretch goal for underwater missions, which will be achieved when we reach $1,200,000 in pledges and investment. With this major new feature, you will be able to take the fight to the home territory of the alien mutants. Equip your soldiers with special underwater armor, weapons and vehicles and head into the depths of the oceans. There you will fight unimaginable horrors and breach the huge, alien structures growing up from the sea floor. You will discover the origin of the mist that has enveloped the earth in its deadly embrace.

This represents a major addition to the game with a whole raft of new content and a new type of battle experience. It's a big stretch, but if fits perfectly with our ambition for this game.
More information.

Now that's an awesome stretch goal. Sadly I've a hard time believing it will happen.

Last edited:
This would be so great. Like XCom 1 and 2 (and probably a lot of 3) in one single game. A shame they are not going to make it though, but if something can make this campaign move would be this goal.

It is strange though, I thought this would get more love. I guess tactical tbs games aren't as popular as RPGs, and the name Gollop is not so famous except for some of us. Or that the new Firaxis XCom has satiated the urge for these kind of games.

This would be so great. Like XCom 1 and 2 (and probably a lot of 3) in one single game. A shame they are not going to make it though, but if something can make this campaign move would be this goal.

It is strange though, I thought this would get more love. I guess tactical tbs games aren't as popular as RPGs, and the name Gollop is not so famous except for some of us. Or that the new Firaxis XCom has satiated the urge for these kind of games.

Considering the success of nuXcom I'm a bit surprised too. On the other hand I suppose most gamers still don't even know what crowdfunding is, and even less care about the original Xcom trilogy. Just us dinosaurs.

Well, they're not asking for peanuts - and most people don't have a clue who Gollop is.

I'm happy as long as it's funded - and the added stretch goals are just a bonus.

Also, remember, if this is a success post-release in terms of sales, it's only the beginning of the franchise ;)

Now that's an awesome stretch goal. Sadly I've a hard time believing it will happen.

Julian and the team probably are thinking of searching for investors and a publisher too outside of this crowdfunding campaign, which was organized just to improve their pitch, I think.

Last edited:
Most people under the age of 25 maybe… You are doing the rest of us a disservice with a statement like that ;)

You mean you really want to be categorized under "most people"? :)

Believe me, we do NOT represent the average gamer around here.

I am interested but not enough to pledge $30. Want to wait for reviews on this one.

Back
Top Bottom