They Are Billions - Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Numantian Games announced their new RTS game They Are Billions for 2017:

Numantian Games, independent game developer of Lords of Xulima, is proud to announce the upcoming strategy game, They Are Billions, coming to PC in 2017.
They Are Billions mixes a world where the zombie apocalypse has taken over the planet and throws it into a Steampunk / Victorian setting.
Prevent the infection from spreading into your colony and its inhabitants. Once a building is infected, the workers turn, rabidly spreading the infection further. And just when you think it is safe, thousands more come in hordes to wipe out your colony - each with individualized AI.

They Are Billions Game Features:

• Real-time Strategy with Pause Mode: In Pause Mode you can build your structures and setup commands for your army. This game is about strategy, not quick key commands.
  • Oversee a Colony: Build, Fight, Defend, and Gather Resources for your colony. Don’t let the infected take over!
  • Build an Army: Train and contract mercenaries to protect your colony and destroy the infected - unique mercenaries with their own set of skills and personalities!
  • Thousands of Units on the Screen: Defeat billions of zombies. The custom engine can handle up to 20,000 of the infected in real time.
  • 4K Graphics: Steampunk and Victorian Style Graphics. Dozens of units with more than 1,500 frames of animation.
Only a small population of humans remain alive. Grow your colony and fight through the billions of zombies left on the planet.
More information.

Sounds like a novel idea - though not really my cup of tea.

Hmm sounds interesting. I definitely like the idea of pause in a so-called RTS as most RTSes basically have no strategy just actions per minute.

However, I am quite disappointed that this isn't LoX 2.

Just like ramses, I'm disappointed.
Xulima was not a perfect game, but the challenge it brought in the most part of it was refreshing. I'd buy it's sequel instantly.
Won't be after the strategy game, sorry.

So these guys are pulling a Pierre Begue? Well-received indie RPG, then begin work on a RTS that nobody asked for.

It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

Last time I checked, developers are allowed to make what they want. Well, at least indie developers are. :)

It would seem that the development cycle here is fairly short, so I don't think this is really impacting LoX 2 all that much.

Back
Top Bottom