Diablo 2 - Remastered Edition Coming?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
AusGamers thinks that Blizzard will remaster Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3:

It Sounds Like Blizzard are Remastering Both Warcraft III and Diablo II

In a new Blizzard job posting looking for a Senior Software Engineer, the description hints at possible remasters coming for both Warcraft III and Diablo II. Yeah, this is pretty exciting news! This is in addition to the existing StarCraft HD remaster that is coming this year.

It's hard to read the following and not take it that Warcraft III and Diablo II remasters are on the way.

Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.
More information.

Last edited:
Seems Blizzard have taken a hint from Hollywood and finally declared themselves fully bankrupt in terms of a genuine creative impulse.

Oh well, here's hoping they don't half-ass the job like they did with StarCraft.

Only one word comes in mind to comment this news:
Peh.

Oh well, here's hoping they don't half-ass the job like they did with StarCraft.

Since the HD remaster isn't out yet I assume you are talking about the recent patch for the original Starcraft? Or were you not impressed with what HD is going to offer?

Since the HD remaster isn't out yet I assume you are talking about the recent patch for the original Starcraft? Or were you not impressed with what HD is going to offer?

I'm talking about the StarCraft remaster.

Seems Blizzard have taken a hint from Hollywood and finally declared themselves fully bankrupt in terms of a genuine creative impulse.

What half ass job are you talking about? Do you have any specific complaints about a game you didn't play yet?

As for D2 HD. YES Please! Considering how D3 turned out, they can only do better with D2 HD.

Lord of Destruction remaster, definitely.

If they can redo the massive amount of improvements and new features they did for SC:R, it would be great. And I'm sure they can replicate the same for Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. Compared to Bumdog, Blizzard knows how to remaster classics.

Any chances we can play D2 Remaster without always-online internet connection ?

Diablo 2 or Starcraft never required an internet connection so yes.

I haven't played either, although I played the predecessors. Might be worth a try if they do go forward with this remastery.

Back
Top Bottom