The Guild 3 - Preview @ Hardcore Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hardcore Gamer checked out The Guild 3:

E3 2017: Build Your Own Dynasty in The Guild 3

So many fantasy games use the middle ages as a template that is easy to forget that life in this time period was not all powerful wizards assisting gallant knights in rescuing beautiful princesses from evil dragons. Life in the middle ages sucked. People took baths once a year, just about everyone except royalty was poor and life expectancy was short due to poor medical care, lack of hygiene, and wars and plagues breaking out all the time. And based on historical records, dragons and magic did not exist, though we like to classify that so-called history under the category of old fake news. The Guild 3 may not be 100% historically accurate (editor’s note: neither is your description of the middle ages or anything else in this article), but it’s more realistic than most fantasy games.

The Guild 3 is a combination of strategy game, eco-simulation, historical life simulation, and RPG all rolled into one. The Guild 3 starts in a version of Europe as the middle ages come to an end and make way for the Renaissance, where the despotic domination by nobles and clergy gives way to prospering, independent cities with a free trade mindset. The primary objective is to build a dynasty that will last for centuries. This is most easily done by finding a mate and creating offspring that will carry on whatever sort of empire the player starts to build for themselves, but should the player choose to create an unlovable wretch there is an option to adopt from the orphanage.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Looking forward to this one. Hope it turns out alright. Hope they don't dumb it down too much. Actually improving upon the old games would be nice. Will likely wait for some reviews and videos before I buy.

Spent a LOT of time on Guild 1 and 2 so I'm really looking forward to this too. The level of simulation is amazing.

So… The game is Shogun Total Wars. You nail everything and everyone, only one battle left and you're just about to pwn the game when a message appears:
You never got a son. You lose.

Aka, forget any victorious strategy, if roguelike dice says no, you'll lose.
I don't like luck based games so if this feature remains there is no chance I'll buy the game, sorry.

[EDIT]
I'm obvously posting before reading everything. There is an orphanage adoption option. Good. I'm buying.
If I comment more, that'll be after I finish reading, not in the middle of it. Promise.

I've always adored the concept in these games, but I heard the last two were incredibly buggy - so I've stayed away from them.

I hope this one is different.

I've always adored the concept in these games, but I heard the last two were incredibly buggy - so I've stayed away from them.

I hope this one is different.

I played the last one a couple of years ago, no bugs that I remember, so I guess it was patched up.

I played the last one a couple of years ago, no bugs that I remember, so I guess it was patched up.

I believe some of the bugs were related to the multiplayer mode, which is how I would be playing it :)

But I don't actually know.

Back
Top Bottom