Fallout 4 - Cascadia Mod

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGAmes reports that the Cascadia mod for Fallout 4 brings back some skills:

Medicine, Guns, Speech - RPG skills return to Fallout 4 in the Cascadia mod

If you're dissatisfied with Fallout 4 and its perceived lack of RPG mechanics, mod Fallout Cascadia could be perfect for you.

The mod is an expansion project that takes place in 2329 after the previous Fallout games, in Seattle. You can't use your Fallout 4 saves, but that's because the mod uses classic Fallout skills from the way the games used to be rather than the new revamped system.

So essentially instead of featuring the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats, things like Guns, Medicine and Speech can be assigned and manipulated. It will also feature skill checks and "alternative options" for anyone who misses the flow of the older games as well.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

This mod is probably at least a couple years from completion ;) But it looks good thus far; they're doing away with only four dialog options as well as re-implementing skills.

https://www.facebook.com/falloutcascadia/
19452885_1578925655491707_2338930690598728646_o.jpg

Awesome to bring back old skills.

it was already said before but it;s funny how gamers like their games to be new and different and yet stay exactly the same…

it was already said before but it;s funny how gamers like their games to be new and different and yet stay exactly the same…

If by "stay exactly the same" you mean not turning a once-beloved franchise into a shoot everything that moves FPS-wannabe with no meaningful dialogue options, sign me up !

Well, that's awesome.
I used to joke that there will certainly be mods that turn Fallout 4 into more than a weird FPS themepark with horrible "RPG" mechanics. Guess now I can't use that joke any more...

Well, that's awesome.
I used to joke that there will certainly be mods that turn Fallout 4 into more than a weird FPS themepark with horrible "RPG" mechanics. Guess now I can't use that joke any more…

Well I laughed :)

Seattle's a good locale for when you want to focus more on environmental factors than history. There's a lot of terrain and weather variety here.

Seattle's a good locale for when you want to focus more on environmental factors than history. There's a lot of terrain and weather variety here.

Thought you were serious until you talk about "weather variety" in Seattle. Good one :)

Thought you were serious until you talk about "weather variety" in Seattle. Good one :)

Well there's rain, drizzle, mist, fog, more rain, showers, gully washers, pineapple express, more rain, sprinkles, downpours, thunder storms, and the occasional rain shadow… :p

Back
Top Bottom