Kingmaker - Archetypes Funded

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker has moved past the Archetype goal and now has a new goal of a new playable race at 1 million.

Archetypes are funded! Moving on to Goblin companion!

WOW! It took just a little more than one day to fund the Archetypes! You are absolutely incredible!

Now, not only the narrative designers run around the office with ideas about the Extra chapter, but all system designers also rub their hands in anticipation - oh those mighty builds they would love to add to the game. Post your comments and let us know what would you prefer to play!

Our excitement goes through the roof - with your overwhelming support, we feel like there are no limits to the expansion of the game! And as we start our race towards the Goblin companion, it is time to reveal one more stretch goal for you. It is just one day left on Kickstarter, but let's see how far we can go!

We believe that a maximum character variety is paramount, and races are an aspect we haven't addressed yet in the stretch goals. We are happy to cover the basic set of playable races - human, dwarfs, half-elves, elves, half-orcs, gnomes, halflings - nevertheless, we would love to deepen the character customization even more.

So (drumroll!) the $1.0M stretch goal is... a New playable race!

And to make it even more fun, we have another surprise for you. It seems we can't make up our minds about which race to add; too many temptations... So let us turn to YOU for this decision! We will provide three options that match the Pathfinder: Kingmaker best, and let you select your favorite through a poll. The races to choose from are still in discussion with our partners from Paizo, but we will come up with the available options as soon as we start funding for that goal.

Let us know about your favorite races in the Comments section!

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats.
More information.

Fuck yeah!

This is really nice. I was hoping for it, but did not expect it :D

Thanks for sharing the video. Wow! This game is looking really good. I have to be careful and not let my hopes get too high. But, i am pretty excited for this.

I guess a few new character build options won't hurt. But I'd rather have more prestige classes.

I have just watched a few minutes of the Twitch stream this morning and oh yes, this looks very much like BG. I'm a little bit hyped now.

Have they announced any kind of timeline for the development? As in, should I do my best to forget about the game for a year or two? It's looking damn good though.

The aesthetic is so ugly. :(
I'm pretty much hyped for the game, but the art style is really not my coup of tea.

That is why almost 30% of the money they make is going to into animation/art. I remember seeing some pie chart with money allocation, but I'm too lazy to search for it :)

The art style is gorgeous to me, but it needs better colors. The darker scenes with green/brown are not too flattering. But the actual artwork, I love it.

P.S. This is now right up on the top of my Wantlist, with ELEX, Bard's Tale IV, D:OS 2 and now this.

Have they announced any kind of timeline for the development? As in, should I do my best to forget about the game for a year or two? It's looking damn good though.
They claim it will release by end of summer 2018.

I agree that the aesthetics aren't great, but you can see there is a lot of potential for improvement. One of the problems, in my view, is that the characters are too large in relation to the environments. For example, look at the characters size compared to the trees and large rocks in the game, the characters look like they are gigantic. It just looks "off".

But that could be fixed and I like a lot of the other aspects in the video. Good dialogue and great to see lots of dialogue options, good combat, good monster design, good fantasy ambiance overall. They are getting a lot of the most important details right. I just wish they had more money to work with, like, how far can a million dollars go really, not sure if that is enough to make a top class isometric rpg.

Well, it's pretty obvious they didn't start from scratch with the Kickstarter, they seem to have a lot of the groundwork done already. As I understand it the money from the crowdfunding campaign is more about icing, the cake would have been done anyway.

Sitting at $871,880 with 4 hours left, I think they might even reach extra companion with paypal.

I didn't have time to watch the whole thing so just quickly skipped it through but it looks great! I'm getting hyped up.. damn. It's got just about everything I was hoping for. I don't mind the art direction but yeah I agree with Fluent that it needs a little more colour (come on, it's a fantasy setting, it can look a bit more vibrant!)

Pathfinder needs 24K in last 3 hours to get next goal. They probably already have it with Paypal included but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom