Kingmaker - Goblin Companion Funded

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker managed to reach the Goblin companion stretch goal.

Goblin companion joins the party!

Posted by Oleg

OMG! It is almost unbelievable - you made it!

You helped Nok-Nok find new friends and make his first and very important step in becoming the Fifth Goblin Hero!

We are so...so...filled... with emotions that it almost impossible to express our thanks by mere words:

It will be our pleasure to work on the companion from the race that Pathfinder made so unique and so delightfully twisted. Their imagery became somewhat iconic to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Golarion. But there is another outstanding image, or should we say, the order in the Inner Sea that also became synonymous with the Pathfinder. Yes, we are speaking of they who are the weapons of desperate times and soldiers with the force of will to do whatever must be done. They are intimidation, relentlessness, and unwavering conviction. They are the black-gauntleted fist of absolute order. They are the Hellknights!

For far too long the Stolen Lands were the den of thieves and murderers, sanctuary for those who ran from the Law, home of the chaotic and capricious fey, the embodiment of everything Hellknights abhor. They arrive in this lawless land with the important mission, and it will be up to you to decide whether they are friend or foe. Befriend them, prove that you are worthy, that your rule is the lawful one, that your country is the beacon of stability in the region and you will be welcomed into their ranks. Help them complete their mission in the Stolen Lands, and you will be taught secrets and mysteries only a few are privileged to know. Antagonize them, and you will find them to be a powerful and extremely well-organized adversary, vanquish them to seize their relics and discover the truth behind their appearance in the Stolen Lands.

This stretch goal will provide your character with even more options to choose, with unique abilities for Hellknights and Hellknight Signifers and specific items thematic to the Hellknights, as well as new quest line dedicated to the Hellknight presence in the Stolen Lands. Face them on the field of battle or fight side-by-side, it is your choice to make.

Hellknights is our next stretch goal, they will be unlocked when funding reaches $1.1M

Hail to the Kings!!!!

The Happiest Owlcats in the World!
More information.

Very happy to see the success of this game, though I'm pretty unenthused about these later stretch goals.

But the game itself looks pretty good, even though I mostly backed it to support the D&D genre and help out fellow watchers.

I'll be playing it, definitely, but it's not the kind of game that really gets me excited anymore. They'd have to add coop - and some NWN-style modding for that to happen.

Maybe in a sequel? ;)

Didn't think they'd raise that much. Congrats to Owlcats.

With PayPal a few more strech goals might be possible.
That Hellknights storyline seems to be interesting. More content is always welcome. And again, I think they planned to include it in some way anyway. Maybe they can flesh it out some more.

Did much better than I expected: 18,351 backers pledged $909,057 to help bring this project to life.

I don't know about the extra race, but Hellknight sounds quite interesting.. a bit like Vhailor from PS:T I'm guessing?

I didn't think they will get pass 500k but it looks like they will easily get 1 million! Good luck to them and I hope this will be cracking game.

OMG! It is almost unbelievable - you made it!
We are so…so…filled… with emotions that it almost impossible to express our thanks by mere words

Hello? You are making the game, not us! I like where Kingmaker is going overall but this type of cynicism which stems from KS is getting tiresome.

They are making the games yes, but 'WE' helped them expand the game. I see nothing wrong with their statement.

This project would need 10 000 000 dollars to work. OmmahGAwd: An ugly goblin character ..

Hello? You are making the game, not us! I like where Kingmaker is going overall but this type of cynicism which stems from KS is getting tiresome.

You're complaining about cynicism? :lol:

This project would need 10 000 000 dollars to work. OmmahGAwd: An ugly goblin character ..

I agree. These stretch goals end up obligating resources to something they won't be able to afford.

You're complaining about cynicism? :lol:

Haha, my thought exactly. I can't really see where the comment luj quoted was cynical? A bit silly yes, but that's hardly the same thing.

I agree. These stretch goals end up obligating resources to something they won't be able to afford.

Yes, 2-3 of these stretch goals may be more resource intensive than the funding increment. They might have been overly optimistic in their forecast, so it won't surprise me to see them getting cut back later on.

Well, for them it's the very first time. I think being excited is a plausible and honest emotion. They're human beings after all.

For "us" it's more or less like every other successful campaign.

Yes, 2-3 of these stretch goals may be more resource intensive than the funding increment. They might have been overly optimistic in their forecast, so it won't surprise me to see them getting cut back later on.

...I can hear the sound of pitchforks being sharpened in preparation for that eventuality :biggrin:

At least someone gets it.

They're making this game for Purpleblob. :D I think this may be the closest to BG yet. Looks great.

Knock knock...
Wha?
No, Knock knock
I'm 'ere, whadya want?
It's a joke. Knock knock...
Whad's a joke?
You know, a knock knock joke.
Nobody makes a joke outta Nok-nok. Prepare to eat bone, wise cracka...

Back
Top Bottom