Startrail HD - Tjolmar Dungeon

I bought this and... I have no time to play...

I like what they did with the music. But the dungeon design…looks more like a space ship. And out of hundreds of options I am wondering why they chose the scene with the very apparent clipping issue.

This looks pretty damn interesting. I never played the originals, but I have the first HD remake on Steam already...with something like 1 hour played. Is it worth giving it another shot? (I bought it after I read Fluents review...and came to realise that Fluent has the ability to overlook far more than I possibly can when it comes to UI issues and bugs...)

This looks pretty damn interesting. I never played the originals, but I have the first HD remake on Steam already…with something like 1 hour played. Is it worth giving it another shot? (I bought it after I read Fluents review…and came to realise that Fluent has the ability to overlook far more than I possibly can when it comes to UI issues and bugs…)

What's a UI issue? o_O :lol:

As for bugs, I played after a specific patch that fixed the one major game-breaker I had, but the rest was fine. Bugs are subjective. I didn't have any issues with Skyrim, for example, other than minor cosmetic stuff, and some people claim that game is a buggy mess. Cosmetic bugs don't bother me much, either, especially when a game is like Realms of Arkania, a rare RPG experience.

The original release of Blade of Destiny HD was hilariously bad. I think it had more bugs than Skyrim and Gothic 3 combined. ;)

I guess it's significantly better now.

I guess it's significantly better now.

I forget what patch I played at (it's in my review), but it was fine at that point. IIRC they had fixed the last remaining game-breaking bugs at that point. The game was still unpolished, rugged and raw, but fun and unique. Also, from what I heard, they had patched in everything from the original now to basically make it a 1:1 remake. So obscure things like travelling markets that are in certain cities at certain times and the like are also in the game.

I'm hoping the sequel is an improvement. I'm into these types of projects.

Bugs are subjective.
They are not. Just look up definitions.
However you can't say for sure if some behavior is caused by a bug as long as you don't know the design documents and thus have no idea what the intended behavior actually is.

Bad choice of words on my part. I meant that not everybody experiences the same bugs. I seem to be lucky in that regard. Didn't even get backwards flying dragons in Skyrim. :(

That video doesn't look much better than my own dungeon crawler engine - and that's saying something.

Back
Top Bottom