Darkwood - Release Date: August 17

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that the crowdfunded top-down survival horror game Darkwood will be released on August 17:

Darkwood release date set with eerie live-action trailer

After three years, the free-roam survival horror game has earmarked an August launch.

Remember Darkwood? You know, the successfully crowdfunded top-down survival horror game that entered Early Access in 2014? That's right, the wonderful scare 'em up that was sort of reminiscent of Teleglitch but with a far more robust tool system whose slower pace in turn cranked its tension up to 11. Yeah, that one—it's now got a launch date. When? August 17.

To mark the announcement, developer Acid Wizard Studio has released the following live-action trailer:

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

When a small game studio makes a truly interesting, also mysterious trailer,with a good amount of creativity. At least I think so.

Where the big ones fail,the small ones will rise even more.

I have the game on the wishlist,going to grab it. Happy that it will finally be released.

Following naked chicks into the woods. What can go wrong?

Hey Joxer, Zenimax called. They want you working with Legal :D

I've already explained why Beth would never hire me - I have alergia on bugs and probably wouldn't survive the amount they put in their games.

But anyway, Beth or others can't go trademark, copyright or whatever corporate idiocy in this case of wording as Zagor comics used the name before videogames even existed.

I'm very glad to see that this game, which I've put on wishlist more than 1.5 years ago, will finally get released. I always liked all gameplay videos I saw. I still don't know if this game will be day-1 purchase, probably not, but I'm sure will get it sometime ahead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom