Indiegogo Games - Radiation Age

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The post apocalyptic tactical RPG Radiation Age is now on Indiegogo:

Radiation Age - A post apocalyptic tactical RPG

Radiation Age is a tactical RPG game set in a post–apocalyptic world, in which you take control of one of the shelter's inhabitants. While traveling the world, you will face many hard decisions that can significantly influence the course of the main storyline. The key elements of the gameplay are the proper management of available heroes and their abilities, clever use of structures present on the map and knowledge of the surrounding.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Looks quite interesting and the interface, like selecting the tile to move to already looks quite slick.

Wondering how the toHit Chance is calculated though as this was a big gamestopper for me in Firaxis XCom (they ignored all obtacles unless its next to target and had drastic angle calculations where 1° could effectively increas your hit chance by 20% and crit chance by 50%)

Very ugly graphics, difficult to look at more than 3 seconds, hurts my eyes. AvoidWare

Very ugly graphics, difficult to look at more than 3 seconds, hurts my eyes. AvoidWare

Really?

I think the art design looks like one of its strengths. Oh well to each his own, I guess...

Otherwise, looks like it might be a decent, tactical game.

Not for me... I like post-apocalyptic settings and generally like them to be grim-dark but it is kind of refreshening to get a different take on the aesthetic style. And for pre-alpha, I'm intrigued. I think this is worth keeping an eye on.

I like the art style and concept. I'll abstain from pledging but might buy down the road.

While the art style is certainly an acquired taste, I'm always happy for more tactical turn-based games!

Not a huge fan of Borderlands/XIII look either.

Curious that they chose indiegogo - fixed instead of kickstarter.

I like the UI, a lot, and its only in a pre-Alpha state. I also dig the graphics. Will be checking out the Indiegogo campaign, for sure.

Backed it and now it apparently got cancelled. Anyone knows why or how?

Backed it and now it apparently got cancelled. Anyone knows why or how?

No but if that is the way they are going to communicate, consider yourself lucky.

They had a fixed funding goal and didn't get the required amount I guess. Or they canceled even before the time ran out as they didnt see any chance.

Imho Indiegogo was a bad idea anyways.

Hi guys, I'm a RadAge developer.

First of all, thank you for the warm words about the game.

This was our first crowdfunding action, so it had some shortcomings (and frankly, we are not so good at marketing).
We quickly realized that it would fail, and it was very demotivating...
Very few people backed our game, and we did not receive any questions, hence we did not see too much sense in writing any additional information (which obviously was a mistake, and I want to apologize for this).

Nevertheless, we will continue to try to develop our project.

What might be a surprise, is that we are very small indie studio (actually we are just two brothers), and we are still learning how to communicate with community.
I hope you will be able to trust us again.

Thank you!

Hey there MJ,
I'd suggest communication is a very strong aspect to any crowdfunding project. Be reasonable. Be realistic. Be open. Identify the projects strengths and weaknesses so people don't have to. Most of all, communicate through the process. I'd post an update on the kickstarter page saying exactly what you just said here and that you will take some time, focus, and regroup.

Spend some time on various forum sites building some interest in the game, asking questions in a non-backer related area.

Hey Wisdom,

Thanks for the reply, I completely agree with you.
We learn from our mistakes, so I believe next time everything will go well.

Back
Top Bottom