Burden of Command - Announced

Not thrilled by binary choices and MCA whoring but otherwise a fresh idea and nice 2D art. Would bang.

Read about this a couple of weeks ago. The "anything could happen, your soldiers are just like real, untested human beings" thing sounds intriguing, but will likely be be watered down to the point of irrelevance. No one actually wants every order to have a 50/50 chance of not being fulfilled.

Not thrilled by binary choices and MCA whoring but otherwise a fresh idea and nice 2D art. Would bang.
I'd like MCA doing graphics whoring more.

Read about this a couple of weeks ago. The "anything could happen, your soldiers are just like real, untested human beings" thing sounds intriguing, but will likely be be watered down to the point of irrelevance. No one actually wants every order to have a 50/50 chance of not being fulfilled.

I don't see why a significant morale system couldn't work. I can think of a couple war games where your people can become very unreliable if they get pinned down/panicked. They're good games, too: Close Combat and the Combat Mission games. In Xcom, your people can panic to the point of shooting your own team.

Back
Top Bottom