Vaporum - Development has Finished

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The devs of Vaporum announced that the game is done. Normally that is accompanied with a release date, but not in this case as they are still working with some PR people on gaining momentum before the game is released, which might be somewhere in September.

We are very sorry for not posting for a while about the project, but the amount of focus we put into the game instead of writing about it was time well spent!

The game is done!

You can expect an announcement about the release date in the coming weeks.

These past two years have been a rollercoaster ride for us. We’ve fought on many winning fronts and it looks like the fight is nearly over. There are just a few slain foes who are here and there sticking out the fingers from their coffins:

• Fixing a few remaining bugs.
  • Balancing the game difficulty.
  • General polishing of the game.
These are basically done, but we are still vigilant to possible issues that might come at us from the dark depths of quality assurance.

We are also preparing the PR for the release in cooperation with pros in the field, which is, really, a new experience for us. We want to make sure everyone who might like our game will get to know about it — this is something you can help us with by sharing information about us.

There is a lot of organizational stuff that has still to be taken care of and since there are just 4 of us in the team + some help from external contributors, we ask for your patience. We are aware that we are hugely behind schedule, but we are planning to release the game ASAP, and September looks like a promising estimation.
Thanks Hurls!

More information.

If I am to play this, I need something which differentiates it from its obvious influence, Grimrock. Steampunk setting is not enough I'm afraid. But they talked about some unique armor system IIRC.

If I am to play this, I need something which differentiates it from its obvious influence, Grimrock. Steampunk setting is not enough I'm afraid. But they talked about some unique armor system IIRC.

Hey, luj1!

We like to think that our combat system is a much evolved version of what you can find in the classics or other modern dungeon crawlers. It's no sidestep fest and it will test your mettle! We managed to fulfill our vision on enemy design where each enemy type has strengths and weaknesses, and requires a different approach to defeat (especially on higher difficulty levels).

Our gadget-based RPG system combines the "you are what you wear" aspect with a long-term development of your exoskeleton. Even though you only control a single character, the system allows you a great freedom in how you build the character, with many items, gadgets, and traits to combine.

We believe these are the things, along with the uncommon aesthetics of steampunk, that differentiate Vaporum from Grimrock and most other crawlers.

We believe these are the things, along with the uncommon aesthetics of steampunk, that differentiate Vaporum from Grimrock and most other crawlers.

Welcome to RPGWatch, Matej. Would you like to do text interview for us? It would help you to promo finished game and you would have more room to present different qualities of Vaporum.

It could look like this, one of my former interviews:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/hellpoint-interview-409.html

I will write to your email.

Dungeon crawler, steampunk, Firearms, nice graphics, smooth gameplay + the game is finished, what's there not to like, its definitely on my list.

Hey, luj1!

(…)

Thx. That exoskeleton system sounds interesting.

I think if you can accomplish a more tactical approach to combat and deeper character progression than Grimrock (either shouldn't be too hard seeing how lacking those were) that'd be great.

Back
Top Bottom