West of Loathing - Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Thatvideogameblog checked out West of Loathing:

West of Loathing Review

Right … well I’m not sure where to even begin with this one. I’ve either been doing this for to long and I’m hallucinating again or I’ve just spent an exceptionally large amount of time around lethal cows, bandits and immensely silly humor. Wait … no it’s just West of Loathing and boy am I going to have fun telling you about this game.

The first thing I really need you to note here it that this is an RPG. With this in mind, this review is based on more of a this-is-the-story-so-far-type thing. I’m still playing West of Loathing and I’m still thoroughly enjoying it but with tons of side quests and basically all the trappings you’d expect from an epic game I can only base this on what I’ve seen and done so far. If I try and give you a blow by blow you’ll still be reading this review when the sequel comes out.

[...]

All in all, for me at least, West of Loathing is a really refreshing change from other games in it’s genre. I could go into way more detail about the items you’ll find and the combat system but these are things you’ll pick up as you play. I think that this title is well worth a few hours of anybodies time. At the very least you’ll get a chuckle out of it but if you’re anything like me I’ve a feeling that you’ll be as hooked as I am and very pleased that you’re time hasn’t been wasted. This is definitely one that’s staying in my Steam library and may well find a comfortable home in yours.

Score: 8.5/10
More information.

Just for crpgnut: Why there aren't there any good paper jokes? It's tearable.

I guess I should buy this. Good reviews and $10 is not going to break the bank.

Gosh, this is awfully fun

I pick up a silly walk perk right away and so my stick doesn't walk normally anywhere

Its not forgiving for things early like picking up your horse, class specific perks required in the first area (replayability option?) or discovering you could have picked up something for three snakeskins but I didn't pick up the knife I needed before wiping them out.

If they got rid of the swearing and such, it would be something they could sell to kids.

Back
Top Bottom