Tyranny: Bastard's Wounds - Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gamebanshee Tyranny: Bastard's Wounds release date has been set for September 7th 2017.

Bastard's Wound, the upcoming expansion for Obsidian Entertainment's Tyranny will launch in roughly two weeks, on September 7, 2017, and will cost $14.99. We learn this from the newly released cinematic trailer that sets up the stage for the expansion that fully intends to challenge your convictions and your loyalty to Kyros, your Overlord. Check it out:

[...]
More information.

Interesting. I'll give it a pop when I decide to play through Tyranny again, but that won't be for a while.

They are releasing an interesting sounding patch at the same time as this DLC. Quote from the Steam page:
Bastard’s Wound will arrive alongside a free update to Tyranny, including new voice-acting, expanded content in the game’s third act, and an all-new path to an unseen ending.

Meh. This game or should I say all Paradox releases, operates as if was in Early Access.

I do not see how something as complex as a nowadays game could be done without bugs.
Expectations should be more focused on the ongoing and lengthy support and Paradox shines on that.

Tyranny was underwhelming, so I'll skip the DLC. I have a lot of other games that are way more interesting to play, anyway.

I really should get around to giving the base game a proper chance. I think I played it all of 10 minutes before deciding it was the same old terrible combat system as in PoE.

I really should get around to giving the base game a proper chance. I think I played it all of 10 minutes before deciding it was the same old terrible combat system as in PoE.

Yeah, exactly the same here. I'm going to give it a proper go with the DLC when it's out. First impressions weren't great though (actually, that's not true - I really liked the Choose Your Own Adventure style background to the game, which was a great opening). The actual game bit though… Yeah it didn't grab me. But I want to like it so I'm going to invest in giving it a proper chance. It took me a couple of attempts to get into Pillars of Eternity as well, and I ended up really enjoying that.

Yeah, exactly the same here. I'm going to give it a proper go with the DLC when it's out. First impressions weren't great though (actually, that's not true - I really liked the Choose Your Own Adventure style background to the game, which was a great opening). The actual game bit though… Yeah it didn't grab me. But I want to like it do I'm going to invest in giving it a proper chance. It took me a couple of attempts to get into Pillars of Eternity as well, and I ended up really enjoying that.

I think I liked the concept better than the execution. I felt it was a bit cheap to make a few static screens represent these significant choices.

Typical Obsidian and taking the short cut.

But but, maybe I'm being harsh.

I thought about that as well. On the other hand, bad animation would also look cheap and I guess that would have been the result if they had tried to animate it in game graphics. So this solution at least embraces the smaller budget and tries to make the most out of it. Second, Sawyer always said he was highly influenced by Darklands and these static screens come straight from Darklands. So I guess, it is a reference as well. You can like it or not.

Actually, I wasn't thinking about animating it - but about being able to actually play through these choices.

Back
Top Bottom