Thea 2: The Shattering - Now on Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Kickstarter campaign for Thea 2: The Shattering is live:

Thea 2: The Shattering

The shattering sequel to Thea: The Awakening. Turn-based strategy-survival inspired by Slavic mythology. Become a god, lead, survive!

Key features:

• Co-op and single player gameplay – survive Thea with friends or solo,
  • New, deeper and improved tactical card game to resolve challenges and encounters,
  • Randomly generated, vast hex maps to explore,
  • Slavic mythology and folklore,
  • Hundreds of stories and quests to discover,
  • Event editor gives you the ability to make your own adventure,
  • Extensive modding and scripting available,
  • Meet the vast array of factions that populate Thea and choose diplomacy or warfare as your path,
  • Customize existing gods to match your playstyle,
  • Control multiple villages simultaneously,
  • Explore endless combinations of attributes and skills for your “chosen ones”.

More information.

As mentioned in the other thread. I am likely to buy the game when it comes out. The first one was fun, but I do not think it's worth me kickstarting it, since I have enough games to play and they have funds to complete the game already.

EDIT: I may KS if they are close to reaching goal late in the campaign or I see some nice stretch goals.

I liked the first Thea: The Awakening and it was probably one of the few games that i've paid full price for it (my policy is to get them in sales). So i will probably grab this one, too.

I'm getting this one as well (assuming that KS will be successful).

I liked the first one but after learning the systems and completing one play-thru (~20 hours), there was no reason to ever play it again, which was disappointing.
Ticking goals off a list, and eventually saying Yep, I completed my list, game over just isn't that engaging.

Yeah, I do hope that replayability will be given much bigger consideration this time. Otherwise I won't back it and, if the game is funded, will wait for a discount.

Looks dire. Upgraded graphics mostly, the card core gameplay unit is hard to figure out. Still, it does not look they will manage to get an AI to play it properly.

Too bad they ruined the first opus to please players who never intend to play games. This one will likely cater to their tastes though.

I liked the first one but after learning the systems and completing one play-thru (~20 hours), there was no reason to ever play it again, which was disappointing.

No. There were the same reasons as any other game provide. Playing a game once learned usually adds no content. Playing chess, playing football, playing CS etc work the same.

There are quite a bunch of players who have no interest in playing games, only browsing content and learning stuff they never practise as they have no interest in playing games.

Thea was a good game for gamers, a poor product though for content browsers.

Back
Top Bottom