NieR: Automata - Sells Over 2 Million

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GameRant NieR: Automata has done very well for Square Enix selling over 2 million copies. To celebrate the game is currently on sale on Steam and PlayStation Store.

About a month ago, Platinum Games co-founder Hideki Kamiya thanked fellow developer Yoko Taro for his work on Nier: Automata, as Kamiya-san went so far as to say that the title’s success effectively saved the studio. Now, the good times continue to roll for the company in addition to the team behind the action-RPG, as its publisher Square Enix has announced that the release has managed to sell over 2 million copies worldwide.

The financial figure not only covers digital purchases, but also physical units shipped to retailers around the globe as well, meaning that Nier: Automata went on to sell another million units since its last reportage of sales numbers back in May. So, in order to celebrate this particular feat, Square Enix is putting the game on sale through Steam and the PlayStation Store for 35%-36% off for gamers who have yet to experience it.

[...]
More information.

I've seen this game crop up in my feed from time to time; interested, I looked at reviews yesterday. Unfortunately, the PC port seems to be pretty horrible and the game hasn't been patched since its launch.

:(

Unfortunately, the PC port seems to be pretty horrible and the game hasn't been patched since its launch.:(

I'm still wondering how the hell that PC port can have a 88 score on metacritic. Going by Steam, it is unplayable.

its got 20 negative reviews by users on Metacritic but it maintains a high score. The critic reviews are likely spillover from console reviews.

Steam has put a disclaimer on the page due to the negative reviews and prompts you to ignore them if you want. But most people's issue is the port is borked and Square has been ignoring the complaints.

Steam has put a disclaimer on the page due to the negative reviews and prompts you to ignore them if you want. But most people's issue is the port is borked and Square has been ignoring the complaints.

Interesting. First time I've seen that Steam warning about a high volume of reviews. I guess this is their response to review bombing. I wonder how long until they just start deleting the reviews publisher's and devs don't like. Maybe we'll see reviews slamming FO4 for the Creation Club, for example, being removed, because the CC isn't an integral part of the "core game," or some cap like that.

I wasn't aware Steam began taking this initiative. I'm now curious to take a gander later today.

Back
Top Bottom