Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Now on Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Kickstarter campaign for the tactical RPG Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark is live:

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Classic Turn-based Tactical RPG

Tactical RPG inspired by the classics, featuring beautifully hand-drawn environments, a mature story and an intricate class system.

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark is a story-driven tactical RPG, set in a fantasy world with a touch of steampunk. It features a deep class system, intricate character customization and classic strategic gameplay.

Fell Seal is often dubbed the spiritual successor to classics like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. It takes a lot of inspiration from these great titles but brings its own improvements and additions to the genre.

Fell Seal boasts a slew of features, including 20+ classes, 200+ abilities, 240+ pieces of gear and 40+ different gorgeous environments with full elevation and topology. We're aiming at a 25-35 hours normal playthrough, with 10+ hours of optional end-game content.

We are primarily a team of two passionate industry veterans, with multiple decades of experience working on AAA and Indie titles, who decided to go all out and fulfill their dream!

We have a demo available for Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. It features the first 2 story battles of the game and should give a good idea of the gameplay and how the story unfolds.

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark features classic tactical gameplay. The core of the game takes place on our lush battle maps, either in story cutscenes or fighting for your life in dangerous combat. You will also have access to the world map, where you can plot your next move and equip and prepare your troops.

[…]
More information.

Last edited:
I know they are going for that Final Fantasy Tactics look but I don't think the characters walking on the spot is a good look for this game. Maybe you get used to it through.

Yea, I agree with you Silver. I'm not a fan of those walking in place animation. But that's a minor thing if everything else is good. But from the look of it, it really looks good. Will keep an eye on the KS.

I know they are going for that Final Fantasy Tactics look
Isn't the look of that game as if it's from ZX Spectrum?
If yes, just so you know, I won't back that look.

Isn't the look of that game as if it's from ZX Spectrum?
If yes, just so you know, I won't back that look.

FFT came out on Playstation. The graphics of this game are different from that one and seem quite nice but they do imitate some of the aesthetic conventions. I think they should establish their own style more myself.

Please stand upright and DO NOT REACT AT ALL as I hit you. Wicked. Everyone is walking on a threadmill and even the usual "starved-horse grade" physical feedback on hits is completely missing from this thing. Inept GUI. Urgh.. AvoidWare

While I agree that the in place walking animations don't work at all, I like the rest of the art style. Beyond that, a lot in that trailer looks promising to me! FFT is one of my all-time favourites. I rarely replay games but have played FFT 3 times over the years. Any tactics game that aspires to that throne is worth keeping an eye on at least (even if it has little chance of actually dethroning it).

This is where my "graphics whore" side comes out in force. Damn, those graphics...way too primitive and low budget for my taste. On top of that, the art style is very unappealing to me. I'm not a Final Fantasy fan or person who has played those games, so this game isn't going to be meant for me anyhow.

The jokes are strong in this thread. Characters walking-in-place may just be the Watch's niche.

If they stopped the animation walking in place it would be OK graphics. They are not THAT bad. Its not crap pixel art at least. Its just basic colored.

Backed it because when you mention games like Tactics: Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics, you tend to get my attention. This doesn't strike me as a gimmicky tactical game, unlike some others I've played recently.

You will be able to customise "idle animation" if the campaign reaches 2nd stretch goal, personally I think it should be made available in the campaign.

Back
Top Bottom