Fallout 4 - Sim Settlements

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer's best mod of 2017 is the Sim Settlements mod for Fallout 4:

Best Mod 2017: Sim Settlements for Fallout 4

Settlements finally come to life with this transformative mod.

This year's best mod is Fallout 4's Sim Settlements. Below, our writers share their thoughts on why it made such a meaningful difference to the game. To see the rest of our 2017 GOTY Awards, head here.

Chris Livingston: Sim Settlements is sort of astounding to me. It gives Fallout 4 players an entirely new way to build settlements by, essentially, allowing NPCs to build their own. Designate zones for residential, commercial, or industrial buildings, and then sit back and watch your settlers erect their own buildings, randomly pulling from pools of assets so each building is a unique. As your settlement grows the NPCs will add on to their buildings, adding more props and features and even second stories. Each time you visit a settlement, you'll be able to see their progress, which gives your settlements a feeling of real life, and gives your settlers some agency. They aren't just standing around waiting for you to place every last door, bed, or stick of furniture.

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

I love mods like these but still not sure if I want to buy this action game. Are there enough rpg mods for it now?

Nice idea. It's always good to see a cRPG environment that continues to function without the player's (direct) agency.

This mod delivers what the original product should have delivered.

The issue is that players are so jumpy about what they do not like, initiatives like this one would have been shot down if included at release.

Desperately needed. A lot of times when you are too late when the village gets attacked, for the most part people just hang around and not do anything. With this mod/addition maybe they will rebuild to the extent of what ever resources are available.

Back
Top Bottom