Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Building up Crafting

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Development Update - Building up Crafting

Welcome to 2018! We've timed our January backer update to coincide with the most IGAvanian natural phenomenon we've ever heard of: The super blue blood moon eclipse. If you were in range of the SBBME, and you saw something that appeared to be a Bloodstained viral marketing campaign, do not be alarmed—that was just the moon.

For today's update IGA and company have put together a video demonstrating the basics of the crafting system! I'll let him introduce it:

Hello everyone, this is IGA. For this backer update, we would like to share a part of the crafting system we introduced during the initial campaign. I don't know whether we should call it crafting or alchemy, but the mechanics are the same either way—you can combine items to make yourself new items and equipment. In the video, you can watch us concoct a more powerful potion and add some bite to Miriam's basic whip.

You might ask, "Would you really call gluing spiky things onto a whip alchemy?" Well, maybe, maybe not. But that's a simple introduction to crafting. Players can visit Johannes, an alchemist friendly to Miriam, to craft items.

Weapons and items aren't the only things that can be created using the crafting system—but we'll introduce that another time!

Right now we're busy with porting. The porting process always creates its own set of development challenges, but it's nothing we weren't expecting. So that's what we're working on right now.

ArtPlay also sent along a look at another enemy you'll encounter in the game. I expect this one to be incredibly frustrating, in the grand tradition of all of IGA's flying enemies.
[...]
More information.

Back
Top Bottom