Fallout 4 - 6 Massive Overhaul Mods

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame spotted six overhaul mods for Fallout 4 on the JuiceHead channel:

The 6 Massive Overhaul Mods Coming to Fallout 4

Today we take a look at some of the biggest mods coming to Fallout 4 modding. These are mods adding in new weapons, armors, quests and even more - all for free. Some will be pc only, but some of these great new mods will be making there way over to Xbox One.

More information.

I played it with the overhaul mod Horizon, though even on hardest difficulty it got trivial after a while.
Also weapon modding and settlement building are overly convoluted (like in a MMO). For the later there are some automation mods available.
All in all FO4 is not a RPG anymore but a shooter.

All in all FO4 is not a RPG anymore but a shooter.
Absolutely. But that also makes it a better game.
Bethesda are just terrible at making RPGs, but action games they can pull off somewhat decent.

Actually that is a trick I use for every Bethesda, I do not think about them as RPG. And it works pretty well. Who cares about the main quest? I forgot about that one when I went out of the Vault. Anyone cared for the main quest in Skyrim?

Quests are pointers to fights and it works actually pretty good since you have more choices in your build than a Wolfenstein and more freedom to choose where you go.

So the question is, are those mods adding more interesting fights or it is like in the base game when Raiders and Mutants feel like puppies?

A lot of people end up using mods to add over-powered weapons and armor and then complain the game is too easy. Even mods like AE tend to OP stuff. I really limit my armor and weapons and find the base survial mode fairly well balanced if you don't min/max. Sniper build is rather OP though in general - although a glass cannon as my sniper can take down most things but can only survive one, maybe two, direct hits from any serious enemy.

I love the quests in FO4 and Skyrim myself and consider them both excellent RPG's. Skyrim I preferred the main quest more than FO4 though. In FO4 it is too restricted around the whole married with kid story line which I dislike. But lots of side quests that are a lot of fun and enjoy the factions, story, humor, and lore a lot.

I tend to avoid large overhaul mods myself. Don't use F4SE or AE (which unbalances the game in some ways) and stick to mods that add to immersion, graphics/visuals, and adds (versus changes) to the game in armor and other things.

My friends love the big overhaul mods and play pretty much any quest mod that comes out. Everyone has different tastes and the nice thing about these games (FO4, Skyrim) is that mods really let users adjust the game the way they like - none of which would even be possible with out the base game in the first place which so many people forget or just take for granted.

Back
Top Bottom