Ash of Gods - Reviews

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Some reviews for Ash of Gods: Redemption:

Capsule Computers:

Ash of Gods: Redemption offers a refreshing and unique combat system, coupled with some mesmerizing visuals following a rich and complex story.

Score: 8/10
Pro Gamer:

In the end, Ash of Gods has been great. It had that unique art style appeal, I thought it would never work since Banner Saga was hugely successful in the first place but Ash of Gods pulls it into a fresh new appeal. It has the length and the guts of a RPG and the pull that keeps you stuck into the game. The mechanics are simple but works. Not a lot to take in but you have to think out your next move. The soundtrack made it for me and tipped it over. I have nothing bad to say about Ash of Gods. It was a little under the radar and it’s one of those gems that a lot of people may not hear of but you’ll hear someone else talking about it. I’d gladly jump back in and with the addition of multiplayer online to keep that Ash of Gods feel going.

Score 10/10
Gamer Professionals:

All in all, Ash of Gods is still just about worth your time. The art style will immediately resonate and make this title stand out from the crowd where its gameplay and story might not capture that much attention. If someone has already played both of the Banner Saga games and is looking for something along those lines, then definitely look at picking up this title. Otherwise, this game is worth a look for fans of adventure and action games a like, though definitely a measured one.

Score: 6.5/10
More information.

10/10 c'mon :lol:

Anyway i finished this some days ago, it was okay for most of it; the final part was somehow of a letdown, although i liked how they raised the tension throughout the game towards the final, only to get dissapointed in the end :lol:

These types of games are like bad weather. Some rumbling outside, time passes, I look out of the window once, then the bad weather - more like this junk game - is gone.. never touched it, hope will never see it again.

These types of games are like bad weather. Some rumbling outside, time passes, I look out of the window once, then the bad weather - more like this junk game - is gone.. never touched it, hope will never see it again.

Ok, now you are just being silly.
Should we be calling you ChienMercy? Making negative, but oddly detailed, comments about games that you don't follow, don't play, don't like, yet still invest your life into?

These types of comments are like bad weather...

It looks like a cool game. A friend is playing it now and has been talking about it a lot on Discord, really enjoys it. Makes me tempted.

If you like Banner Saga, you'll find it very familiar in many ways.

Compared to the Banner Sage:
- the writing (in English) is not very good.
- the combat uses a different system, with more variety
- the game is less linear

I'm good with it being somewhat less linear, sometimes it is quite entertaining to go to an area you're not ready for yet and getting your clock cleaned.

Back
Top Bottom