Gyre: Nova State - Bio-Steampunk Action RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gyre: Nova State is an interesting looking game on Kickstarter that is described as an open world, dystopian, bio-steampunk action RPG with an unscripted, dynamically crafted story that adapts to your style of play.

GAMEPLAY

Gyre: Nova State is a single player RPG with shared multiplayer aspects that include:

• the Gyre Foundry where NPCs are stored
  • special content, such as unique buildings, items or creatures
  • the Corpus Archive, which houses characters that have completed one or more story arcs of significant dramatic value
The Foundry houses NPCs (including anyone in your lineage) that can be pulled into any story, anywhere. Also, characters you upload as part of the Corpus Archive can be pulled into a story if Toska determines there's a fit for that character.

FEATURES

Combat includes cover mechanics and some special parkour-style maneuvers, plus the use of melee, psionic and ranged weapons.

Stealth you say? In a half-ton bodyframe? Yes, made possible by special crafting materials, dampeners (both physical, visual and acoustic) and magnetic technologies. Stealth actions grant the player the ability to stay hidden, gather intel and strike with little or no warning.

Engaging in intrigue involves the use of your character's ability to convince, argue or bluff your way through situations. Non-violent, diplomatic options are available to you. NPCs and groups can behave and act differently if you share important information with them...or provide false information.

There are 7 skill trees with a multitude of options to accommodate the various styles of play. All skills are available to all classes, although some skills are easier to pick up for certain classes.

The crafting system allows players to craft weapons, gear, and apparel. A plethora of weapons are available for crafting including melee, ranged and psionic versions.

Apparel in the game doesn't need to just look awesome, it can grant the player advantages in combat, stealth and/or conversations and interactions.

Weapons are built from stock pieces that assemble into the final item, giving players a large array of capabilities to choose from.

Psionic weapons and items have unique abilities that can target the core systems of another android, oftentimes without damaging them permanently.

The dialogue system grants players the ability to construct an intent that translates into context appropriate statements or questions. With a dynamic story running, its critically important that characters be able to communicate dynamically as well, which is part of Toska's abilities.
More information.

Meh I'll pass as the concept and direction of the game does not interest me.:movingon:
You take on the role of a fresh-from-the-crèche android whose story is unscripted, crafted in real-time with dynamic consequences to your actions.

We wanted to create the essential experience of a table-top game master in a digital form capable of driving an open-ended story where the player was not forced into a fixed number of story endings.

Remember Sui Generis with its massively revolutionary Physical simulation system? Where is that game now? I think we will not even be asking same of this "game" in a year from now.

Calling their treasure chests "loot boxes" may not have been the wisest choice!

The dynamic and reactive world is an interesting foundation for a game but it's just that, a foundation. It will take much more than that to make a good game; we'll see.

Remember Sui Generis with its massively revolutionary Physical simulation system? Where is that game now? I think we will not even be asking same of this "game" in a year from now.

I will have to agree with you on this one. Although I think the video looks good it sounds way to ambitious to ever become reality, or it will be something different to what they're advertising. They're welcome to prove me wrong though.

I'm guessing people are hesitant to back this one due to the feature set being quite ambitious and the AI story. Maybe a relaunch on Fig would lead to greater success for them.

I'm guessing people are hesitant to back this one due to the feature set being quite ambitious and the AI story. Maybe a relaunch on Fig would lead to greater success for them.
It might but as I said above the concept isn't appealing.
Sui Generis promised revolutionary RPG combat, but hasn't got an update in years. Yet the same developer had the gall to start another spinoff game with the same results.

Link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/362490/Exanima/

Back
Top Bottom