Ni No Kuni 2 - Review @ Express

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Express has reviewed the J-RPG Ni No Kuni 2:

Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom review: RPG series soars to new heights on PS4

Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom is a charming RPG that successfully brings together lots of different ideas.

Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom is out now on PS4 and PC.

Developed by legendary studio Level-5, the follow-up to the PS3's Wrath of the White Witch is positively bursting with fresh ideas.

The game revolves around a young ruler named Evan, who sets out to found a new kingdom after falling foul of a coup.

But there's more to Ni No Kuni 2 than wondering from village to village battling monsters and exploring dungeons.

You'll have to expand and manage your kingdom, recruit citizens, fight in large-scale skirmishes and much more.

Does Ni No Kuni 2 successfully integrate all of these different gameplay ideas? Check out our review gallery to find out more...

[...]

Score: 5/5 - Masterpiece
More information.

OMG LOL
A great game it is, but cmon. A masterpiece? My arse.

OMG LOL
A great game it is, but cmon. A masterpiece? My arse.

The Express is one of many British tabloids that should not be taken seriously. Deeply silly publication.

I'm playing it currently, so far so good. Only part I don't care about is the RTS battles (but that's because I don't like RTS games). Maybe I'm missing something but am I supposed to just run ahead with my 4 units sticked to me to fight things as they come? and then the swordsmen just stand there idle if I don't get close enough to the target? Either way, that's the part I'm sort of ignoring for now.

You got it right. Melee units suck except shields.

Played the first one. Playing this one and enjoying it. But the story is god-awful at times, so yeah, it's no "masterpiece". Not only are the skirmishes annoying, they couldn't be bothered to make a level system that made sense. They should have removed levels and gone with an Easy/Medium/Hard evaluation that accurately reflects what you might get from the encounter with a given army set/researched improvements.

I'm spending more time building up the city than I am on the story line. In fact, I'm probably farther into building up the city than I am supposed to be for where I am in the story. <shrug> I only go back to the story when I'm out of things to build/research.

Back
Top Bottom