Tower of Time - Review @Wccftech

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reviewed Tower of Time.

While Tower of Time’s story is definitely more than decent, it’s the gameplay experience that stands out the most. Battles in the game are played in real-time, with players having the ability to move their characters on the field and unleash a variety of special attacks which allow them to strike from afar, close-in to the enemy quickly and so on. It’s also possible to slow down time, which is quite helpful in the most hectic situations. Battles are fought on specific fields, which has allowed the developers to be quite creative when it comes to enemy placement and victory conditions, making battles feel almost like puzzles. Defeating all enemies is the most common condition, but there are plenty other which require players to think long and carefully about what to do, as it’s quite easy to be defeated even on the normal difficulty setting. Losing a battle, thankfully, is not the end of the world thanks to the retry option.
[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I’m enjoying this game quite a bit. While it’s true that it’s not the deepest rpg I’ve played...it’s a fun dungeon crawl and imho well worth the price of admission.

Hope it turns up on GOG. It'll definitely go in the collection, then.

I'm playing ToT and enjoying it very much. It has deep gameplay mechanics, engaging story and characters (game is quite text heavy for a dungeon crawler by the way) and great graphics. IMHO it is a must buy for every isometric RPG lovers out here. It's really amazing to see what the devs were achieved with a small budget.

Back
Top Bottom