Dolmen - Dev Diary Video Log

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Dolmen is into its last 66 hours of crowdfunding on Kickstarter and a new video log from the developers has arrived.

Dev Diary Vlog

Hello Kickstarters,

With just under a week left on our crowdfunding campaign, we're wrapping up our weekly “Behind the Scenes” series with an inside look at not only what it takes to create a game, but what it looks like to be a part of a development team.

Our producer Pedro Bastos says, “I don’t think there is a big game out there that wasn’t born from a crazy idea.” In DOLMEN’s case, that couldn’t be more true!

In the beginning, the small group of friends that would become Massive Work Studio had naysayers telling us to “start with a simple game,” but that just wasn’t an option for the team.

We dreamt of DOLMEN and DOLMEN coalesced. Still, we've faced our fair share of uphill battles.

The team began with an idea — a game we wanted to bring to life and call our own.

Now, over a year and a Kickstarter campaign later, we've created not only something that we own, but a project that everyone who had faith in it owns.

The team has seen employees come and go, but at its core, Massive Work Studio has remained steadfast in what they wanted DOLMEN to be: something wonderfully unique for all to enjoy and have a hand in creating.

Although the end of its Kickstarter draws near, it is merely the beginning of DOLMEN’s journey.

Thank you all and get ready for a surprise on the next update, we usually have an ace up our sleeves to use if we are losing a game.

Kind Regards,

- Team Dolmen -
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

This Kickstarter came to an odd end. With about an hour to go and 98% funded, 500 backers suddenly withdraw taking 40k with them. It dropped back suddenly to 43% funded and the campaign collapsed. The Devs are writing it off as a "disturbance in the force", backers are perplexed. Very weird.

This Kickstarter came to an odd end. With about an hour to go and 98% funded, 500 backers suddenly withdraw taking 40k with them. It dropped back suddenly to 43% funded and the campaign collapsed. The Devs are writing it off as a "disturbance in the force", backers are perplexed. Very weird.

Man what an ugly thing to happen to the devs, from being on the verge of celebrating to heartbreak, would have been better if the campaign was clear to fail from the start.

Yeah, I completely agree - it must be gutting for the Devs.

I just can't work out what happened. How do 500 backers vanish at the same time in the final hour or two of the campaign - coordinated trolling of some kind? I find it hard to believe it was a glitch in the Kickstarter system, although possible I guess. I haven't seen this on other campaigns - you might get a couple of retractions, but 50% withdrawing their pledges at the last minute is just really odd.

Back
Top Bottom