Skyrim - Skyrim Supplemental Patch

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PC Gamer A new mod for the fastidious among us called the Skyrim Supplemental Patch. The mod fixes the item placement errors found all through Skyrim.

Spend some time in Skyrim and you'll probably come across something that doesn't look quite right. Maybe it's an object that is supposed to be sitting on the ground but is instead hovering a bit above it. Maybe it's a small gap in the terrain that lets you peer through the world, or two bits of architecture that don't quite meet properly at the seams. Modder brytag certainly noticed, and has spent years creating fixes for these little imperfections, thousands of them. The resulting mod is called the Skyrim Supplemental Patch.

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

Well that's a labor of love. I don't like seeing floating plants but fixing it all yikes!

Yes, it's an impressive level of pedantry. You'd think that placement issues could be auto-detected when the game is being built. Apparently that's not a priority though. No matter.

Well, there are over 4 billion art assets in the game. Yes, I pulled that out of my A$$ :D Good job by this dude. I couldn't imagine doing something so mind-numbing.

Seriously. That's crazy. Congrats, crazy modder guy.

I know I have...

hCD89FBEE

LOL.. dont know if I should applaud or not.. this must have been time consuming and mind numbing.. with that kind of focus could be used for something more productive. Kudos brytag.

Amazing still people modding an 7 year old game. Take away mods and I don't know if I would even play bethesda games.

Must be childless people with tons of free time. Guess I should be glad they exist as I play Skyrim/fallout new Vegas heavily modded.

I think part of it is that there's sadly few RPGs that are really suited for rich modding. It's still one of the few where you can decide you dislike something, and sit down to fix it. I wouldn't have the patience for this monster, but it can be interesting to tinker with it.

Back
Top Bottom