Final Equinox: The Arrival - Kickstarter Live

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Kickstarter for Final Equinox: The Arrival has started with a modest goal of US 30K.

An early look of some of our space combat and travel gameplay. Coming to Kickstarter June 1st. Be sure to find out more about the game at https://finalequinoxgame.com/
Welcome to the world of Final Equinox: The Arrival. A turn-based spaceship role-playing game. You are an admiral of a newly formed fleet stationed in the Outer Worlds, a place overrun by raiders, rebels, and marauders. They fight against you with tactics you have never trained for. Final Equinox puts you in the driver’s seat and allows you to make decisions that will shape the world around you.
More information.

Yeah this looks good. Definitely backing it.

20 lashes for the GUI designer. If he was hired only to do the GUI, fire him!!

Seems like they're already further along in development than The Mandate ever got. There's a playable demo.

Their KS is off to a slow start though. Going to need some major shoutouts soon. Haven't backed myself yet but I want to try the demo first.

It's a good pitch, IMO. It's clear and well-written, the scope is reasonable, and they've got it to the point of a playable demo.

I also like the vibe they're going for, and the synth theme tune.

Yeah I agree. Like daveyd I'm a bit worried by the slow start to the Kickstarter campaign though. Hopefully it will pick up some momentum as people hear about it.

Shots fired at the Mandate!!! Poor Mandate, it simply wasn't meant to be, I suppose.

I hope this campaign picks up some steam, they could use a solid boost. I've spread the word to a few friends over the weekend.

I reached out to Brian Fargo, MCA, and JES on twitter about this project earlier today and a little while later I see BF has tweeted that he backed Final Equinox. Hope that gives things a boost, maybe we can even hope for a shoutout the next time inXile does an update for BTIV or WL3. I think that's what this project needs... Can't really hope for much media coverage especially with E3 going on.

Backed. I was positive it was a JRPG when I clicked the newspost, I wonder if it's the name.

Has anyone tried the demo?

Last edited:
No, and I've no intention of touching the demo. I don't want to be spoiled at all, as I think this game has great potential. If I hear anything from other sources that try it, I shall post here.

Can't see this succeeding currently, there's no momentum whatsoever. Sadly. I think it looks pretty good.

Backed. I was positive it was a JRPG when I clicked the newspost, I wonder if it's the name.

Has anyone tried the demo?

I tried it for a bit. It starts off with a brief combat w/ a tutorial so I recommend trying for yourself if you're curious. Basically it uses an action point system (where different attacks & buffs cost a certain # of points), so it's similar to Fallout 1 & 2 or AoD, but with spaceships & using astroids for cover.

The ship movement is too slow for my liking and the interface is a bit rough, but it works great. This first combat is a cake wake but could see it being challenging & fun with more units.

I also played the initial dialogue which is mostly fielding background questions to help flesh out your character and determine their initial skills bonuses. Art is good. I probably won't play the entire demo so as not to spoil the story.

Can't see this succeeding currently, there's no momentum whatsoever. Sadly. I think it looks pretty good.

Probably true barring some high profile shoutouts... Still, I encourage ppl to back. They can try again & have a much bigger first day next time.. Or considering the fact that Brian Fargo backed, maybe a Fig campaign (& the accompanying media connections) is within the realm of possibility, too.

Hey everyone. Kevin here, thanks for the extensive work you guys have put in getting the word out. We had a pretty bad launch day due to our media and early build breaking, meaning that most of the coverage for our game will come out later this week, unfortunately. We are far from giving up and are going to continue to reach out to youtubers and publications and try to garner more support. Thanks to everyone who backed already!

Back
Top Bottom