InSomnia - Interview and Awards

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Insomnia: The Ark has won two awards and the developers have been interviewed by GameInsight.

INSOMNIA nets two awards! Gets interviewed

26 May - Vault_13

Hi everyone! Last week our team took part in DevGAMM 2018 - the biggest conference for game industry professionals in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. One of the cool things about this event is that they welcome smaller developers and even host a prestigious indie awards show judged by industry professionals.

INSOMNIA: The Ark was one of the 110 games that entered DevGAMM Awards. Only 25 titles made it into final list of nominees (including ours, of course) to compete in one the categories on offer. Our team has submitted INSOMNIA for the "Excellence in Visual Art" and "Best Desktop Game" awards, and boy were we surprised to find out we won both of them:

Also, CEO and Lead Developer of Mono Studio was interviewed during this event. You can check the subtitled video here:

ProTip: click the "CC" button in the bottom right corner of the video to turn English subtitles on ;)

The interview covers different topics, such as the game's lore, planned features and potential release window. Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Until next time :)
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Cool, I backed this one years ago and it looks like it could be interesting although the combat is a bit too action-y for my taste.

This does look interesting. It made me think of a FO in space for some reason - maybe because one of the videos with the music. Anyhow tracking it.

Why I get the feeling JDR will like this? ;)
Looks pretty solid, except for cover ( gameplay and level design).l

If anyone is in the closed BETA and could share some experience with it that would be awesome!

How can a game win awards when its releas is at least 6 month away?

Yeah, it's a bit silly, but it seems to be a common thing to hand out awards for what is shown at various industry shows. All part of the marketing machine.

This was an indie awards show for small dev teams :D. Doesn't mean we won "the best game in the world" award, but still a good moral boost for the studio to make that final push till release. The only money we paid are the ones you have to as someone who participates in the whole event (like on comic con etc).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom