Hero-U - Steam Page Up & July Release

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Hero-U now has a Steam page and a July release date.
About This Game

After two successful Kickstarter campaigns and five years of development, we are proud to present Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption. Created by the critically acclaimed game developers Lori Ann Cole and Corey Cole (Quest for Glory, Shannara, Castle of Dr. Brain, Mixed-Up Fairy Tales), the Hero-U series follows the role-playing adventures of top students at the Hero University.

In Rogue to Redemption, Shawn O'Conner strives to become Rogue of the Year while exploring a mysterious castle, making friends and enemies, fighting deadly foes, and uncovering the secrets of his own hidden past. Meanwhile players will enjoy the rich and humorous dialogue and descriptions as they guide Shawn through his adventures.

In the tradition we created in Quest for Glory, Hero-U is a hybrid adventure/role-playing game. During the day, Shawn attends classes at the University, practices his skills, and tries to make friends with other students. At night, it's time to pull out weapons, armor, and traps to explore the abandoned wine cellars, stunning sea caves, creepy catacombs, and deadly dungeon beneath Hero-U. Most combat is optional for those who prefer a pure adventure game, but there are ample rewards for those who choose to valorously fight the creatures that threaten the school and all of Sardonia.

Key Game Features:

• Story and Character-Driven Adventure Game
  • Role-Playing Game Featuring Skills, Equipment, and Tactical Combat
  • Many Ways to Play for Maximum Replayability
  • Turn-Based, Non-Twitch, Avoidable Combat
  • Seamless Blend of Dramatic Story and Comedy
  • Created by Acclaimed Game Designers Lori and Corey Cole
  • Soundtrack by Award-Winning Composer Ryan Grogan
  • Immersive Mini-Games and Challenging Stealth Gameplay
  • First of a Series of Games Set at the Hero University

More information.

Anyone been in the beta ? Any commetns. I backed one of the kickstarter so will be getting a key just curious if it is a trainwreck or if they managed to produce something special - or perhaps inbetween a train-wreck and special.

Same, I backed this one, but I'm certain I won't be touching it until the full release. It just sounds so fantastic that I'd not want to be spoiled in the slightest.

Haven't played the beta myself (prefer waiting for the finalised game), but the few that I've seen comment on it have all been positive about it, which is making me hopeful.

I do wish them well and will certainly support them in the future if this is not a train-wreck. I know they gambled a lot on this game - perhaps too much given the current competition in games.

Back
Top Bottom