Stoneshard - Demo available

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The rogue-like Stoneshard is already funded on Kickstarter - now you can play a free demo on Steam:

Stoneshard: Prologue is now available on Steam!

Hello everyone!

Great news - Stoneshard: Prologue is now available for download on Steam as a stand-alone game! This is a great occasion to try our demo for one more time - or just try it, if you hadn't played it yet! So, what’s new?

• 10 Steam achievements to obtain
  • Fixed memory leaks.
  • Several new SFX-effects.
  • Several collision and depth issues hotfixes.
  • Stuns should correctly spend turns now.
  • Several new keyboard shotkeys (Alt + LMB to quickloot selected item, Space for skipping dialogue lines)
  • LOTS of balance tweaks:
  • Increased traps damage and debuff duration.
  • Decreased Verren’s base HP and other stats.
  • Increased Fumble Chance for greatswords.
  • Increased damage for Altar death rays.
  • Generally decreased consumables drop rates.
  • Almost all enemies were buffed compared to 0.4.8.16, which turned out to be way too easy.

Make sure to download it and try to defeat Vampire Archon one more time! Also, we'd very grateful if you will help us by spreading the word about Stoneshard to your Steam friends and any other people that may find our game fun to play.

Stay tuned!
More information.

NICE!! But too realistic. Demo sez: "Apply both splints!" Yeah, it would be good if I hadn't forgotten to pick up the FKN splints.. Then there is inhaler and ointments, foods to eat, drink. Ugh.. too realistic. Gameplay suffers. This way this game is a FKN Misery & Injury Simulator.

Last edited:
Yeah and the overly complex health management system that needs literally half your inventory space for tools is the only new idea they have to add to the genre.

Fantastic graphics and sound, though!

Besides the settings, this looks very similar to Sword of The Stars: The Pit.
Including the annoying inventory management.

I like the realism aspects, as I think encumbrance can be woven well into a game, as can food/drink. The game looks way too action-y for me, though.

Well, I died about 5 minutes into the demo for some reason I'm still unsure of (maybe a trap or something?). Uninstalled.

Though, yeah, it looked nice at least.

So you died and uninstalled?

Yep... if I start a game and I'm a handful of minutes in and I die in the starting area which is acting like a tutorial for no apparent reason that I can discern, I'm done. That's either pretty poor game design and/or maybe it's just too l33t for me.

Back
Top Bottom