Tower of Time - Review

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Tower of Time was reviewed by Fextralife.

Tower of Time is a tactical RPG that pits your party against the mysterious floors of an upside down tower that will determine the fate of Artara. Do you have what it takes to make it through all 11?

This game is now available on Steam if you're interested!
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Every-time I see this games title I always think of The Wheel of Time.:biggrin:

I started playing this some time ago but my interest quickly faded. It's extremely simplistic to the point that I found myself just spamming the same abilities in combat over and over.

Furthermore, it feels weird from a story-telling standpoint: the character with the most vested interest in discovering the secrets within this "tower of time" doesn't actually pass beyond the first area; everything is done via his underlings and he'll occasionally execute scripted events "telepathically".

If I ever get out of playing these older games rut that I've been stuck in for a few months now, this is a title I'll surely pick up. I just keep hearing so many interesting details that I won't be able to ignore it forever.

This is an excellent game for an indie developer. I quite like the story hook. If you think it is simplistic you obviously are not playing on the hardest difficulty which is reasonable tough. Given the choice of party members, some of which have different viable builds helps the diversity.

At the highest difficulty quite a bit of min-max is needed but at lower difficulty each character has several viable builds and the combat can be quite speedy if you like real time. At the hardest difficulty liberal pausing is required.

I bought this based on a lot of positive feedback and my response after a few hours is....

Meh.

This 'review' was sponsored by the developer. Supposedly they only paid for coverage and maybe Fextralife really managed not to be swayed but, seriously, that's just not the way to do things.

At least they had the decency to say it was paid for in the video.

I am not sure I like the combat interface... I might still give it a try. Does anyone know whether a GOG release is planned?

(Also, how long did the guy need to figure out the riddle with four pylons arranged in a square? :lol:)

I bought this based on a lot of positive feedback and my response after a few hours is….

Meh.

It is a bit of a slow burn when you don't have a few levels. Level and item tiers are gated, which is one of my complaints with the game. Tier 2 weapons and level 4 allows things to get more interested. Also, craft items often gives you better items, so save scum that as well.

I've also been keeping an eye on this product showing up on good old games, but maybe it just won't and I'll have to settle for picking it up on steam.

Back
Top Bottom