Thronebreaker - Launches October 23rd

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, which was originally named Gwent: Thronebreaker, will be avalable on GOG at the 23rd of October.

<blockquote style="text-align: center;">Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics. Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms - Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.

Throughout the adventure, players will explore new and never-before-seen parts of The Witcher world, embark on thought-provoking quests featuring rich, multidimensional characters. All while gathering resources to expand their army and engaging in epic story battles powered by the skill-based battle system known from GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will release on PC via GOG.com on October 23rd, with a console release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 set for December 4th. Details regarding the pricing of Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be released in the future.​

[/quote] On that same day Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is coming out of beta as well and will be available for free.

More information.

Some screenshots are available on GOG for Thronebreaker.

Attachments

• ThroneBreaker (1).jpg
    ThroneBreaker (1).jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 45
  • ThroneBreaker (2).jpg
    ThroneBreaker (2).jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 46
  • ThroneBreaker (3).jpg
    ThroneBreaker (3).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 45
  • ThroneBreaker (4).jpg
    ThroneBreaker (4).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 44
  • ThroneBreaker (5).jpg
    ThroneBreaker (5).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 44
As long as they make the way you acquire cards interesting and satisfactory, this will be a winner in my book. I'm a sucker for deck-building and card mechanics anyway.

Gwent: Thronebreaker Story Campaign Teaser Trailer

Hands-on Preview - Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales

The demo for Thronebreaker was short but impressed me as I wasn’t expecting a smaller side project like this one to be as deep and chock-full of content like a proper AAA outing from other companies. This isn’t just a rushed single player mode for a F2P game. This is a proper Witcher game played in a brand new way. I can’t wait to actually play the rest of it at launch and find out how the rest of the game will connect to the plot from the books and the games. October 23rd can’t come soon enough!
Dive deeper into The Witcher’s rich lore in Thronebreaker
What makes Thronebreaker so special is that unlike the mainline The Witcher titles, it’s that it’s not an action game. Instead, you guide the queen across a huge map, visiting different locales of her domain, engaging with NPCs, and most importantly, getting into scuffles, the point where the game switches to a Gwent board. While I’m still not particularly good at Gwent yet, having had played it only a handful of times since it was initially released, the tutorial parts of the demo did a fine job teaching that the basic concepts of Gwent, and for the few encounters I played through, I was able to quickly grasp the fundamentals and have a good time.

https://www.pcgamer.com/geralt-turns-up-in-thronebreaker-the-witcher-tales-story-teaser/
Geralt turns up in Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales 'story teaser'
-
Thronebreaker preorders went live today.

https://www.pcgamer.com/thronebreaker-is-a-true-witcher-rpg-and-a-surprisingly-sharp-card-puzzler/
Thronebreaker is a true Witcher RPG and a surprisingly sharp card puzzler

https://www.pcgamesn.com/thronebreaker-the-witcher-tales/thronebreaker-rpg
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is more than a card game – it’s an RPG for diehard fans

https://www.pcgamesn.com/thronebreaker-the-witcher-tales/thronebreaker-pre-order
Thronebreaker won’t have “bullshit” pre-order bonuses

Back
Top Bottom