Bard's Tale IV - Review @GameCloud

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep was reviewed by GameCloud.

Besides that, this game can pull some haughty guffaws from me when it wants to, and though the story it tells isn’t amazing, the writing around it is excellent. The distinct personalities of each character make for some hilarious interactions between them (save for your own character, who may as well be a cardboard cutout.) To be able to unlock your next level of abilities, you have to be assessed by a review board of hooded figures that judge your deeds, who do so in appropriately dramatic fashion. Running gags, witty one-liners, cleverly written notes that play-off whatever is happening at the time, Bard’s Tale IV has all of this and more.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

This is the only game I know which is centering around music.

Most games of today are centering around gore.

Would be nice as I think the game could have been really good if they had flushed out a few things (areas, story, progression, ...); alas I suspect sales are so slow they will move away from the project as quickly as possible.

Solid review and I pretty much agree with all of it.

I was very disappointed but maybe it'll get some love.

I might've been upset I Kickstarted this, if it weren't for those excellent remasters. I'd forgotten how fun and addicting those old games were, and I never would've replayed them without the automap. While BT4 isn't the game I'd hoped for, I really don't regret backing it.

Back
Top Bottom