Mutant Year Zero - Farrow Trailer

Mutand the mutant

The game does look fun.

Did anyone find the misspelling in the post?

Last edited:
My only concern is that it is short?. I'm hearing 20ish hours still it is not that expensive and it looks to be amazing fun?

Well, for me, short isn't necessarily a bad thing. If it means more care and attention to the story, maps, etc then I'm all good with that - especially as the price point isn't too high.

Looks a bit like inspired by / from that other Mutant … That Bio one ...

But anyway, I like to see more of them. :)

I typically don’t like to play as an animal or any creature really but I might have to make an exception here. Gameplay looks great.

Id still love to see someone make a fantasy rpg with this combat system.

Someone tell me there are:
- no timers
- no DLC bosses randomly appearaning in ordinary missions
- no global map rush mechanics

And I'm buying.

Someone tell me there are:
- no timers
- no DLC bosses randomly appearaning in ordinary missions
- no global map rush mechanics

And I'm buying.

And no tension. The absence of tension is a key feature to buy.

Yea you reminded me.

The 4th rule to make me shell out $:
- no streaming

Good because that is the piece of info that was forgotten and was the primary bit:

it is going to be streamed.

It is streamed. So far, looks like a nice product for streamers. Straighforward, smooth progression, no game to learn how to play etc

What does that mean "it is streamed" ? No offline version ?

No. It means prefering to play games instead of playing vid products made for streamers.

What does that mean "it is streamed" ? No offline version ?

It means that players called streamers use a video product/game to run a show that is broadcast through the internet. The activity is called streaming.
Examples of streaming can be witnessed at the streaming platform

https://www.twitch.tv/

It matters because streamers come with specific needs. They make a show off playing video products.
The quality of the show is their first concern, not the quality of the vid product they use.

It comes with many consequences. For example, a show quality is determined by the way a streamer relates to his community of viewers. His viewers are a primary point of attention. A streamer must be able to chat with his viewers. Which means that playing a vid product is not the main activity, it is an activity carried out on the side.

Years ago, it was common to refer to video gamers as people who were captured in a bubble. People talked to them, they did not hear, they were absorbed by the game.

This type of game is very poor for streamers because it would prevent them from relating to their audience, to run their show.

So it is a big feature in vid products designed for streamers: they do not absorb, they do not demand deep attention because streamers can not be focused on a vid product, he must carry out the main activity (running the show)

At the end of the day, when playing a vid product made for streamers, you can end watching a streamer playing it. Because something else is needed.

Back
Top Bottom