Kingmaker - Season Pass Details

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Pathfinder: Kingmaker season pass details three upcoming DLCs.

The Season Pass includes:
DLC 1
The Wildcards - December, 2018

* A new playable race. During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game, but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.

* A new playable class. They master the raw power of the elements, channeling it into their wild talents to manipulate the world around them. Kineticists are living conduits of primal energy, deadly both in close and ranged combat.

* A new companion. If you combine a race with a class, you get a character. Welcome your new companion, the Tiefling Kineticist who comes, just like every other companion, with her own storyline. She could also be a romance option and may hold one of the positions in the Kingdom.
(post-launch content, a $7,99 value).

DLC 2
Varnhold's Lot - February , 2019*

A new bonus campaign. While celebrating your victory at Jamandi Aldori's mansion, you've met another hero of the Stolen Lands: the mercenary captain Maegar Varn. While you're building your barony in the Shrike Hills and Narlmarshes, Varn and his people are establishing their own nation of Varnhold in the rocky foothills of Dunsward. What did they have to go against? Play this new story, and export the consequences of the choices you've made there into the main campaign!

This exciting new side story is about the size of one chapter of our main campaign and will take 6-12 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle.
(post-launch content, a $11,99 value).

DLC 3
Beneath The Stolen Lands - April, 2019*

A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go?
(post-launch content, a $9,99 value).

*Expansion pack launch dates are estimates and are subject to change.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

#1 looks nice and unless I got it for free (KS backer but not sure what tier I was) I'm buying it.

#2 why is it DLC? It should have been Kingmaker2 or part of the sequel! Not buying, deliberately.

#3 seriously? LOL

Not thrilled by this DLC lineup, but probably will get it anyway :)

#1 looks nice and unless I got it for free (KS backer but not sure what tier I was) I'm buying it.

#2 why is it DLC? It should have been Kingmaker2 or part of the sequel! Not buying, deliberately.

#3 seriously? LOL
Never thought Obsidian's DLC for PoE 2 would sound better.

God I miss the old days.:cries:

Still like others I'll be crying in my corner loathing myself for buying them.

I think my backing level will entitle me to getting a few without paying extra, but not sure. All this extra content is likely to keep this game on the backburner even longer, I just hope I can remember what was going down at the time I stopped! Worse case scenario, I can always restart again I suppose, but I kind of like my squad that I had going.

I am certainly interested in #1. #3 is starting to sound better and better but I think I am first going to wait until other people report on its amount of content and quality.
If it brings us tougher combat without the need to up the difficulty to Hard or beyond (meaning better enemy AI) I might be very interested.

#2 is Meh. Maybe if those that do get it claim it is best thing ever or something.

Not that enthused by this. I would rather have something like a real fleshed out expansion (NWN: Hordes of the Underdark, PoE: The White March).

In this case the main game is so large that all of these DLC only feel relevant if you plan to start a brand new campaign. However, if you've already spent hundreds of hours in-game and feel you've pretty much seen & done it all, then they might not be worth starting over for.

So...good for new players and players in the future but not so good for current veterans.

While not the most exciting dlc I've seen, I still will get all of it when I buy the game, (next year after more patches)

The endless dungeon sounds pretty cool to me. I just don't get how the dungeon can be "endless" if there will be unique boss monsters to fight, presumably when you reach the bottom of the dungeon.

Never thought Obsidian's DLC for PoE 2 would sound better.

God I miss the old days.:cries:

Still like others I'll be crying in my corner loathing myself for buying them.

Don't do it couch, resist!!!!

I'm a bit played out right now - 190 hours (!) so I have no desire for more?unless it's a decent meaty add-on or sequel.

Well now I know roughly when I can look into buying the game. I need to schedule some time off for next summer.

$30 worth of side-story content for a buggy game? Sorry fellas, but I think I'll hold off some more.

Seems somewhat disappointing if you ask me. #1 just adds a new race and class + 1 new companion but doesn't include any quests or new content besides that. #3 sounds like it's just a randomly generated combat fest.

Surprised to see all the disappointment. If you total these together it equals a nice chunky expansion - new character/race/companion + new chapter-length campaign + endless dungeon. To me, and this is not being a biased Owlcat fanboi either, it's near perfect how they handled it. #3 sounds especially exciting because I'm sure they'll dip into the bestiary a lot more for wild and exotic creatures, plus we'll be finding a ton of new loot and have challenging encounters to boot. #2 is a new campaign that will flesh out the story more, which is cool, and I'm very excited about the new companion, so much so that I'm putting the game down until the 6th to get her! :)

I'm neutral about this. The base game is so massive and excellent, there isn't really much to add other than more race and class (like DLC #1). While I would like more story driven, full expansion like DLC, Owlcats have given more than enough content to enjoy than any other game in the last decade or so.

I only see the third one as a downer, as I don't like the idea of procedural generation in an RPG. The other two sound pretty decent.

Seems somewhat disappointing if you ask me. #1 just adds a new race and class + 1 new companion but doesn't include any quests or new content besides that.

She will come with her own story (as in extra quests) and she will be one of your kingdom advisor. The game really need more advisors!!! Especially the councilor position!!!

Don't listen to him. Once he notices she's another romance option he'll sing another song. ;)

Not saying if it'll go better or worse. :D

She will come with her own story (as in extra quests) and she will be one of your kingdom advisor. The game really need more advisors!!! Especially the councilor position!!!
This needs to be said more than once. With this companion comes additional quests, more voice overs and who knows what else.
New class comes with completely new abilities, animations and the rest. And probably will also have 3 Archetypes for it.
New race comes with new option for building characters, hopefully also comes with some content in base game where people react to their leader being a Thiefling.

All this for 8$ people. 8$ is nothing, didn't Bethesda sell horse armor for 10$ or something?!

Also for 30$ you will get as much content as Tales of the Sword cost added for BG1, probably even more.

Also for 30$ you will get as much content as Tales of the Sword cost added for BG1, probably even more.

Exactly my point. Likely more and the game is already massive as-is. So this is a great expansion IMO. I think the dungeon will be quality crafted, Owlcat knows what they are doing. And it all comes with new voice overs as you mentioned, new companion storylines and quests, new LOOT. It will definitely have a ton of stuff to dig into.

Back
Top Bottom