Sekiro - Gameplay Video & Character Progression Explained

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some gameplay video from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and also Game Informer explores how character progression works.

Game Informer's Dan Tack and Suriel Vazquez share new gameplay and impressions for From Software's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice based on the magazine's cover story trip. To learn even more exclusive details on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, check out our feature hub - https://www.gameinformer.com/sekiro
[...]

A major departure hardcore From fans may scoff at is the lack of corpse runs. Though you gain experience from defeating foes in Shadows Die Twice, that experience is now divorced from currency; gold now drops from enemies as well, and you won't lose either when you die. If you're afraid that change might upset the balance of tension and accomplishment that have come define From games, there's hope: Director Hidetaka Miyazaki says death will have a detrimental effect, but wasn't willing to tell us what that might be.

Instead, progression in Shadows Die Twice is slow but steady, as the experience points you gain from killing enemies fill a bar that eventually provides you with a skill point that, you guessed it, you can spend in a skill tree. But it wouldn't be a From game if there wasn't a catch: Before you can invest in a skill tree, you have to unlock it by finding a particular item as you explore the world.
More information.

Can never get into games like this.:(

It's probably another game with Dark Souls combat.

Well it is from the makers of Dark Souls (FromSoftware) so it seems to make sense that it has similarities to DS.
Yep hence why I don't like them. Never enjoyed a single Dark Souls game.

Yep hence why I don't like them. Never enjoyed a single Dark Souls game.

While I am not promoting them (they are bad for the health!), it depends on how much time you have spent on any of them to realise why they are popular and addictive. Probably its like the case of playing Diablo 2 without realising that you have spent 12 hours straight exploring, discovering, customising and optimising your gear, skills .. etc.

I really enjoyed the first Dark Souls game, couldn't stand the second, and the third turned me off the moment I checked it out. Even though I liked the first, I doubt I'd ever replay it.

For me it's the main focus on combat and how story & narrative is delivered through scrolls. It just doesn't grab me and makes me become dis-interested in playing.

Back
Top Bottom