Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - Review Roundup

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Strategy game Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 has been reviewed by a number of outlets.

Noobfeed - No Score

There are moments when Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 begins to falter -perhaps a sign of the project being a tad too large for otherwise passionate developer Tindalos Intearctive. The sudden difficulty spikes and lean multiplayer mode offering would suggest as much. But even with all this in mind, the sequel is bigger and ups the ante when it comes to the spectacle on show. While its campaign isn't exactly a beacon of depth, it compensates through slow yet exhilarating battles between behemoths of metal and meat. And trust me when I say that few things offer the same kind of joy as seeing a massive weaponized flying cathedral explode into a ball of color as a giant space rock propelled by shoddy makeshift engines crashes right into it, all to the sounds of green brutes savagely celebrating their triumph.

CGMag Online - 7.5/10

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 could have easily been another forgettable Warhammer game in a world already littered with them. However, what came out is a tense, fun strategy game. While I don't think I'll be plunging directly into the books now, I might give the miniatures game a whirl, sometime.

Cultured Vultures - 8/10

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada II is a very impressive game that improves upon almost all aspects of the first game. Were it not for the campaign plateauing in the back half and some overuse of mission types, it could have been the perfect strategy game. As it is, $40 will give you a great and expansive RTS with a surprisingly gripping storyline with developers Tindalos already promising some pretty interesting updates like co-op and even bigger engagements down the line.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Still haven't played the first game but I've heard the games are good.

First game I loved very much for the little I could play, because of amazing detail and superb execution. However I need to buy a new PC to even be able to play the first one, however much I covet it, it just refuses to run at acceptable speeds on my old computer. :(

I haven't played either game but i heard not positive things about the first - no clue about the second.
The video channels and sites I follow enjoy the game.:)

So if its once again Steam reviews well who do you believe?

Depends what they say; I tend to not believe reviews that bomb a product for reasons such as they dislike a developer or shape of ships but if they give clear and concise reasons that resonate with my dislike or like of a game then I tend to believe the reviews.
-
I tend to not believe many 'professional' reviews because often when I read them it is clear the reviewer didn't actually play hte full game.

The video channels and sites I follow enjoy the game.:)

So if its once again Steam reviews well who do you believe?

It was streamed by players who enjoyed the first one and got frustrated by the first one's limitations.

Back
Top Bottom