Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - Steam Page Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Nehrim: At Fate's Edge now has a Steam page.

Nehrim is a total conversion mod for Oblivion and requires that you own The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on Steam to play it.

Steam Workshop

About This Game

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge is a total conversion for TES IV: Oblivion. Explore the namegiving land of Nehrim with dense forests and deserts, delve into old crypts and caves, and experience an unusual, multi-layered storyline that takes place beyond known patterns of good and evil.

How extensive is the world space and how has it been created?
The land mass approximately equals the one of Oblivion. However, in Nehrim the landscape is entirely hand-built and thus has a lot more variety in it than those forests in Oblivion.

How long will it take me to beat the game?
As opposed to Oblivion, the Main Quest, including 35 single quests, is to the fore in Nehrim. Our Main Quest isn't just much more intense than Oblivion's, but also more extensive. You can beat Oblivion in about 10 hours. This most definitely will not be possible in Nehrim. Additionally, there will be about 30 side quests.

What is the most profound difference to Oblivion?
The skill system. In Nehrim, you level up by gaining experience points. You gain experience points by killing monsters and most of all for finishing quests. This is the best way to motivate the player to play them. At each level-up you get "learning points" you can trade for skill upgrades at a teacher - just as in the Gothic series.
Thanks porcozaur!
More information.

Hmm didn't even know about this as I was waiting for the Steam Enderal version.

Did they add English voice-overs are is the conversation audio still in German? It has been a few years since I played. If not I might play it again, but it curbs my enthusiasm.

Nehrim: One and only reason that I bought the abomination called Oblivion.

why hasn't this team turned commercial yet
Money is the main reason. There was talk about going commercial but nothing materialized. A few blog posts talk about the team disbanding and going silent.

Must own on Steam?
So my store-bought copy of Oblivion won't work with this?
Has this become a common thing now? I never use mods and rarely play PC games these days, so pardon my ignornace here.

Silly. Two successful projects under their belt tells me someone knows how to lead effectively and deliver quality. Talk about failure to launch

Must own on Steam?
So my store-bought copy of Oblivion won't work with this?
Has this become a common thing now? I never use mods and rarely play PC games these days, so pardon my ignornace here.

This mod has been available for several years, so I'm pretty sure there's a non-Steam version as well.

*Edit* Here -> https://sureai.net/games/nehrim/

Silly. Two successful projects under their belt tells me someone knows how to lead effectively and deliver quality. Talk about failure to launch
Yep but job security and needing to take care of yourself or family is more important. The delay of the DLC forgotten stories for Enderal was the result of the team troubles.

Still looks like things are back in gear if the Steam releases are any indication.

Just look at another game form modders that went commercial called Witanlore: Dreamtime which is a spin-off of another game that failed to get funded.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/554570/announcements/detail/1676910481744131442
Hail Witanlore Fans, Cole here checking in with a loooooong overdue update on the project. Development is quite slow but sure at this stage, the team is much smaller now (only about six of us at the moment) and our time is split between Dreamtime and other jobs we've had to take to maintain some kind of income for things like roofs and food. However, the project is still alive and making steady progress. Our updates on Twitter are much more regular, so if you want to stay up to date with Witanlore and all things Druid Gameworks, follow us on Twitter @DruidGameworks or @Witanlore for more regular news. These Steam updates just take a lot of time and we don't always have significant enough news to share to fill out a news worthy post!

A time may be fast approaching when we will have to move on from Witanlore: Dreamtime in order to pursue projects that will help grow the company financially rather than drain it, but for now, we remain dedicated to this game and our wonderful fans, so don't count us out just yet!
Doesn't always work out.

Back
Top Bottom