Matt Chat - Pool of Radiance Revisited

PoR is 31 years old. Yikes. Pretty fun for its time though, and the tactical combat system felt ground-breaking.

Hey that reminds me: we haven't heard anything about Seven Dragon Saga in ages. Is that thing still alive? Their forum looks pretty stale.

Thirty ones years of age and still vastly worth playing, far superior to many other games released since then. I most recently played this one about three years ago and it was still a complete blast!!

My CRPG love was cemented with PoR.

It was watered down a little with the sequel, though.

I loved the pub brawls so much, grinding there made my mages high enough level to cast a fireball, then I hit the level cap pretty soon after. :D

PoR is 31 years old. Yikes. Pretty fun for its time though, and the tactical combat system felt ground-breaking.

Hey that reminds me: we haven't heard anything about Seven Dragon Saga in ages. Is that thing still alive? Their forum looks pretty stale.

I check every so often on their social media. Someone last commented on November on their facebook and TSI said "it is slow going but not forgotten". That's how it's been for the past couple years. i.e, "No it's not canceled but we have no news to share yet".

As for PoR. I've played through a few times. I always ended up pushing through a row of posionous hedges in the hedge maze killing the first person in my party. I fucking hate mazes. Oh well, at least that fress up a spot in the party for a ranger or paladin in CoAB.

Yes, mazes are the lowest form of puzzle. "Oh good, a problem we all understand, and which has no solution other than methodically bumping into walls until you stumble on the answer."

I check every so often on their social media. Someone last commented on November on their facebook and TSI said "it is slow going but not forgotten". That's how it's been for the past couple years. i.e, "No it's not canceled but we have no news to share yet".

And I was here thinking that the game's development had been discontinued...

Back
Top Bottom